Where did everyone go to school? What was your major?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
High School only. Worked my way up and held many different titles for the same company from age 19-36, but recently resigned to pursue an opportunity with a newer somewhat start-up company back in May of this year.
same here, i did take a few classes but it just wasnt for me.

I think people are just bored waiting for the Z and trying to make small talk to make the wait time go faster.
i dont mind the small talk. plus it helps us get to know one another a little better.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
FLIPOVER thxs for your service
Indeed…it’s great that Americans are so thankful to their service men and women….I have family in the forces in Aus…they rarely get any thanks from the public, even though we have lost many along the way.
Probably the only time you see it is on ANZAC day

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
High School only. Worked my way up and held many different titles for the same company from age 19-36, but recently resigned to pursue an opportunity with a newer somewhat start-up company back in May of this year.
same here, i did take a few classes but it just wasnt for me.
I know a lot of people with high school degrees making good money. Sometimes it's more about who you know rather than what you know.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I know a lot of people with high school degrees making good money. Sometimes it's more about who you know rather than what you know.
So true... I remember how one of my teachers use to rant to us that he has a degree in chemistry and physics and is stuck teaching making $45k, but a childhood friend of his that has connections is making well over $100k with just a high school diploma.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Went to school for B.S.B.A in Finance, CFA certified. I work with the IRS. I'm 29. Making over 6 figures. And I was really bad in high school. Always skipping classes to go to the beach with friends and do dumb shit.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All the tradies (builders, plumbers, electricians etc) in Aus are making a packet at the moment.
Easily outstrip most degree jobs
My hubby and I own our own optometry business, these guys make more than us any day of the week

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
All the tradies (builders, plumbers, electricians etc) in Aus are making a packet at the moment.
Easily outstrip most degree jobs
My hubby and I own our own optometry business, these guys make more than us any day of the week
Trade jobs get paid GREAT. People shit on them for some reason but I know people getting paid $40-50+ an hour doing them.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Same, but for me, starting out I didn't know anyone. I made $6/hr in the beginning but stuck with it and when I left after 17.5 years my salary was in the $70k's.

Now for my current job it was about who I knew as I was recruited to work there by some people that I had previously worked with. I was offered significantly more to make the move, and around 2 weeks after I left my previous employer got bought out. I probably would have been canned by this coming Spring had I stayed.

OP
OP
Lin626

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Back in the day freaking Hooter girls made a lot of money. Some of my classmates worked there part time to pay for tuition. $150-200 for a slow night and upwards on $350+ for a good night. Obviously, this was before COVID and the whole metoo moment/PC culture.

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Same, but for me, starting out I didn't know anyone. I made $6/hr in the beginning but stuck with it and when I left after 17.5 years my salary was in the $70k's.

Now for my current job it was about who I knew as I was recruited to work there by some people that I had previously worked with. I was offered significantly more to make the move, and around 2 weeks after I left my previous employer got bought out. I probably would have been canned by this coming Spring had I stayed.
Nice, glad to hear that you're doing good for yourself. ?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Back in the day freaking Hooter girls made a lot of money. Some of my classmates worked there part time to pay for tuition. $150-200 for a slow night and upwards on $350+ for a good night. Obviously, this was before COVID and the whole metoo moment/PC culture.
My son can make $500 on a weekend refereeing soccer matches…you gotta be able to take the abuse, but for a 19 year old and around 8 hours work…not bad

Shreddrr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
Occupation
University Student
Currently at University of Western Ontario for Computer Science + Software Eng.
Just finished my first internship. Made a decent chunk of change (even for covid).
Realistically, I hope to be buying the new Z by 2024.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Trade jobs get paid GREAT. People shit on them for some reason but I know people getting paid $40-50+ an hour doing them.
Anyone who does has a false sense of importance. The ironic part is, the world would stop turning if we didn't have people in the trade jobs industry.

They work HARD and deserve every penny. I'd also imagine they have the best job security around?