OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Well I was leaning white or yellow but after seeing the gunmetal..... :p

But did anyone notice that black bar across the top of the rear window - seems to be external - wth is that?? Looks ugly. Silver/white car has it too.

Ok I looked at earlier photos, it is on the proto and the launch cars as well so it's obviously part of the production vehicle. But it is black so it blends in with the black-roofed cars. For the non-black roofs, it needs to be body-coloured, not black. Sure hope they change that for production as is it looks awful on that gunmetal car.
It kind of blends in with the rear hatch window trim. It's not really that noticeable, I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. If you really wanted you could just get it wrapped/painted to match the rest of the car.

gun metallic z rear.JPG

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m currently leaning gunmetal until I see the rosewood. I might be alone, I just don’t want the black roof. I’d choose red if it was available monotone.
I like the monotone better as well. It's gonna be between Gun Metal or Black Diamond for me most likely. I am interested in seeing the two-tone Everest white though.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I’m currently leaning gunmetal until I see the rosewood. I might be alone, I just don’t want the black roof. I’d choose red if it was available monotone.
I like the black roof, but I remain really intrigued by the rosewood.

Starting to think I'd be happy with this car in any of the paint schemes they're gonna offer - that body really does the color spectrum justice!

Zerafian

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Occupation
Artist
the second video, it looks almost just like a 370z in the still, before you hit play.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It kind of blends in with the rear hatch window trim. It's not really that noticeable, I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. If you really wanted you could just get it wrapped/painted to match the rest of the car.
Thanks for sharing that photo, I remembered it but couldn't find it. It does seem less objectionable there, but I still think Nissan cheaped out not making it the same colour as the roof, then it would blend in with the smooth roof arc much better.

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the second video, it looks almost just like a 370z in the still, before you hit play.
Yeah it does which I love. The cars really do have quite a bit of road presence to them. Those tail lights are so unique and unmistakably retro, yet modern at the same time.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Too bad all colors are not available with a Color matched roof.

I like the black roof …a lot of you guys are wrapping for protection, so really I don’t see that it matters too much
All one colour to me is too plain, too boring …but that is just my opinion