FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Hello everyone,

I know some of you on here are veterans who are well aware of the zdayz event. For those who are new to the community or never heard of the event I'll be making this thread to help give you a bit of insight and taste of the event.

ZdayZ is an event that embodies the Z car and it's devoted following of Z enthusiasts. It takes place in the gorgeous smoky mountain range located in North Carolina. Driving down there on all the back roads is unlike anything you probably have experienced. This is a event that's been going strong for over a decade and already up to 700+ registered to attend this years event. Oh and not to mention the big attraction being the dragon! For those who don't know of it the dragon is a 11 mile stretch of road with 318 turns and curves. It is just one experience I feel any and all car enthusiasts should try at least once. There really isn't anything like it and words barely do it justice.

Link to check it out: Www.zdayz.com

The event hosts all Z cars from the original to the 370. Also all G/Q cars are welcomed as well as the big brother GT-R. However there is no discrimination since I personally had 2 subarus in my caravan going to the event the past 3 years lol.

There is a large list of different events that go on every year. Some new and some old favorites but there's always a good mix to keep it fresh and fun. There is of course the large car show, poker run, drop top cruise, deck parties, beer pong tournament, exhaust comp, past 2 years we have had chris forsberg in attendance and he's done drift demos right in the campground itself! Also Nissan and Infiniti have become very involved to where a couple years ago they debuted the juke-r to us before they even showed the media. We also got to see the newest nismo body update prior to the media as well. They really take care of us as a community. Hopefully they give us details of the next Z this year! Fingers crossed.

Aside from the organized events themselves there is literally over a thousand people and cars that show up for this. The community itself is what really makes this event grow every year. The people you will meet make you want to come back year after year. This will be my 5th year and regardless of vehicles I own I will most likely attend every year I can. Also if you're a bit of a drinking enthusiast there is always a party somewhere each night lol

I could drone on but I'm sure the info and pics on their website can give you some more info.

I will be taking tons of pics and doing a full write up on this years event, upon my return. There is minimal cell service there which is one of my favorite parts. No phone for a week and we all keep in touch with walkies. It's a nice break from the world and just enjoying good friends, great driving roads, and amazing cars.

-Frank

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Reserved for review/pics

Also a few from last year as placeholders/teases lol

And I see most are too large file size wise. Might have to figure a fix for that. Dammit. Well all the ones I saved from other sources and a few I took on my phone worked. Hmm oh well these will do for now but I have many others.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4914.PNG

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

Last edited:

Robert

Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Nissan 370Z, 2011 Nissan Sentra S
I would highly recommend taking part in this event, especially for the Dragon. I do not own a Z yet but I have driven the dragon with the AllSentra club, last summer. The road is amazing, second only in difficulty to the Coronado trail of Arizona (in my opinion).

FB_IMG_1494665375509.jpg

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I would highly recommend taking part in this event, especially for the Dragon. I do not own a Z yet but I have driven the dragon with the AllSentra club, last summer. The road is amazing, second only in difficulty to the Coronado trail of Arizona (in my opinion).

FB_IMG_1494665375509.jpg
Agreed. There's really no road like the dragon. I live in western PA and there are lots of awesome little twisty backroads. However none even come close to the insane nature of the dragon. It will put your skills, car, and balls to the test lol that being said I always tell people to know your limits and be safe. It is a public road and there are others (especially bikers) on the road as well. Rule #1 is you never cross that yellow center line. That is the main thing everyone says to newcomers and veterans alike. Worst case you go off the side because if you hit a mountain of tree they don't have family waiting for them at home.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Found a spot of wifi. Tire issues and other issues aside made it to zdayz yesterday around 3. Calm before the storm at the moment. Vendors are setting up and people are rolling in heavy at the moment. Will be taking pics today once the crowd grows and everything kicks off. Already got my dragon runs in before people pack in and take over.

Sidenote Infiniti is bringing a specia surprise which I'm assuming is that concept black project Q60. We shall see.

Nissan said they may have a surprise as well. Tingling with anticipation of all the manufacturer stuff we may get to see this weekend.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
Great pics/thread! I hope Nissan throws us all a bone. The waiting is one thing, but all this talk about the uncertainty of the Z's future sucks.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Just had dinner with the Fast Intentions crew, Florida crew, and Forsberg. That's what zdayz is lol.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Word is the project black Q60 is in Europe still.....however I was shown that they just posted it on the Infiniti website today. Sooooo we shall see what they brought this year as a surprise tomorrow.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Made it home safely. Will be posting a write up and pics soon. Gotta transfer all the pics off the camera and all that fun stuff but right now just relaxing after the long drive home and amazing week at zdayz. 360 days until next years event can't wait.

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Nismo, Power Wagon, Grand Cherokee TrailHawk, Fleetwood Discovery 40X, VFR
Occupation
RETIRED!
ZDayZ was good! What the Nissan rep said sucked about the Z35. He wouldn't say one way or another if there will be a Z35.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
You need to u derstand rep talk. The fact he wouldn't confirm nor deny means it's in the works. He wouldn't say a fuckin word to me because he remember me trying to get info last year lol

My write up will be up soon still getting all my pics together to make a solid post

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Nismo, Power Wagon, Grand Cherokee TrailHawk, Fleetwood Discovery 40X, VFR
Occupation
RETIRED!
I know all about rep talk. Like the government. Won't confirmed or denied.

Robert

Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Nissan 370Z, 2011 Nissan Sentra S
The fact that he won't confirm or deny it gives me hope actually. I just wish we could get affirmation that there will be a z35

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
FYI sorry for the delay I have issues with the pics I took. Should be resolved soon so full write up including pics coming soon