IDKmyname

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1987 300zx z31 base module
Im having trouble with my 1987 300zx z31

My car won't start unless it is jumped and will loose power after turned off and it has a full battery and new alternator.. it also has white smoke from the exhaust when started.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Love honest understated stories like that, greatly detailed, basically bulletproof stock Z31. Planning one of these cross country trips next year, who wants to go, west to east? ;) Not in the 240Z, no way!
That's definitely a bucket list item for me as well. Had a friend back in the day who moved from Boston to LA and him/his partner drove it. Took like, 3 weeks, they hit all the major destinations in between, sounded like it was a blast.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That's definitely a bucket list item for me as well. Had a friend back in the day who moved from Boston to LA and him/his partner drove it. Took like, 3 weeks, they hit all the major destinations in between, sounded like it was a blast.
Truthfully, if I want to tackle this, would be in a simple classic like that Z31, no modern stuff with driver aids (lane assists, accident avoidance, etc etc), cruise control, auto climate settings, nope. Just A/C is the requirement, and three pedals. Take my time along the way, sightseeing and finding sweet roads, local grubs. That would be fun!!

Maybe late spring next year, after my British Columbia trip.