Work Emotion ZR10

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R Grid, 2023 Nissan Z (pending)
Occupation
Transport Manager
Ordered rims without your car being delivered?
I was told May by Nissan and August by the rim importer... now it's all messed up

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
Ugh thatā€™s gotta be so frustratingā€¦.
Rims arrived on friday, now looking at tires, they'll be same as the other guys ZR10's in the other thread, Michelin PS4S.

Learning my fate on wednesday afternoon maybe, more likely Thursday morning. From what (little) I've been told by the the dealer, there are 2 scenario's; my car is in Japan and coming over on their next big boat to Australia (which i think sails last couple of days of may) which will mean an end of July or early August delivery, OR, mine is one of 3 blue Z's "caught in customs" in Melbourne, which could mean it clears tomorrow and i get it late next week or the week after, or it might not be clear for 1-8 weeks depending on whenever customs get to it.

I'm holding out hope that it's sitting there just waiting to clear, but i'm 65/35 confident that my car is still in Japan and that i won't see it till atleast August. That being said, there are guys with build dates after mine that have their car (which shits me immensely, believe me) and guys with older that have theirs as well, if it weren't for that and the fact that i was promised May originally then the above balance would be more like 90/10.

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Rims arrived on friday, now looking at tires, they'll be same as the other guys ZR10's in the other thread, Michelin PS4S.

Learning my fate on wednesday afternoon maybe, more likely Thursday morning. From what (little) I've been told by the the dealer, there are 2 scenario's; my car is in Japan and coming over on their next big boat to Australia (which i think sails last couple of days of may) which will mean an end of July or early August delivery, OR, mine is one of 3 blue Z's "caught in customs" in Melbourne, which could mean it clears tomorrow and i get it late next week or the week after, or it might not be clear for 1-8 weeks depending on whenever customs get to it.

I'm holding out hope that it's sitting there just waiting to clear, but i'm 65/35 confident that my car is still in Japan and that i won't see it till atleast August. That being said, there are guys with build dates after mine that have their car (which shits me immensely, believe me) and guys with older that have theirs as well, if it weren't for that and the fact that i was promised May originally then the above balance would be more like 90/10.
Damn dude it mustā€™ve been nice to be able to have it built the way you want it but for fcukā€™s sake I would be so aggravated with the wait time youā€™re having to go through. I give you credit šŸ‘šŸ¼

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z

Are you happy enough with your wheels to hold you over till your car gets there?

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
Damn dude it mustā€™ve been nice to be able to have it built the way you want it but for fcukā€™s sake I would be so aggravated with the wait time youā€™re having to go through. I give you credit šŸ‘šŸ¼
This is in response to both your replies: Probably the most "double edged sword" decision i've made in my life during this process so far was paying out the remainder of my Golf R in October last year. Lot more free cash, it's still holding it's value very nicely here and I've been putting a lot of that towards the extras for the Z... most of which i've already bought and got sitting in the garage.

My patience is definitely being tested, but with the rims paid for, exhaust, splash guards, the hood and trunk sun shades all bought and sitting in the garage, the deposit of a few hundred (on the coilovers etc i've put down with Shockworks on the other side of Melbourne) it leaves me realistically at this point with 2 seperate deposits; 1 at Nissan and another 6-7k deposit spread across the garage and 2 other shops. So EVEN IF I wanted to pull the pin at this point i'd be losing out on atleast a chunk of what i've spent already, and i refuse to lose money on this so i'm tethered to the thing now. Once i have the car I know it'll be all worth it (or atleast that's what i keep telling myself) but right now it definitely feels like i'm in a toxic relationship šŸ¤£

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
This is in response to both your replies: Probably the most "double edged sword" decision i've made in my life during this process so far was paying out the remainder of my Golf R in October last year. Lot more free cash, it's still holding it's value very nicely here and I've been putting a lot of that towards the extras for the Z... most of which i've already bought and got sitting in the garage.

My patience is definitely being tested, but with the rims paid for, exhaust, splash guards, the hood and trunk sun shades all bought and sitting in the garage, the deposit of a few hundred (on the coilovers etc i've put down with Shockworks on the other side of Melbourne) it leaves me realistically at this point with 2 seperate deposits; 1 at Nissan and another 6-7k deposit spread across the garage and 2 other shops. So EVEN IF I wanted to pull the pin at this point i'd be losing out on atleast a chunk of what i've spent already, and i refuse to lose money on this so i'm tethered to the thing now. Once i have the car I know it'll be all worth it (or atleast that's what i keep telling myself) but right now it definitely feels like i'm in a toxic relationship šŸ¤£
I can assure you itā€™ll be worth it. I couldnā€™t even stand waiting a couple weeks to get mine after I sealed the dealā€¦.lol

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z

you can probably offload some of those upgrades for what they cost you, if it comes to that...

What are these sun shades you mention?

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
you can probably offload some of those upgrades for what they cost you, if it comes to that...

What are these sun shades you mention?
Sunshade for the windscreen, and the cargo cover. I thought the cargo cover was a sunshade for the back window essentially, but not to worry.

Update; looking at early to mid July at best. Told the buyer of my golf that earlier today, and now i have no buyer for my golf. Another 2-3k down the hole.

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
So if I went with 10.5ā€ +15 in the rear and 9.5ā€ +20 up front I should be good to goā€¦?

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
So if I went with 10.5ā€ +15 in the rear and 9.5ā€ +20 up front I should be good to goā€¦?
very good - your wheels will extend 20mm in the front and 21mm in the rear over stock. This is pretty much spot on for most applications. If you want to be fully hectic and run mad camber you could go up to +30mm, but if you were one of those guys you wouldn't be here asking this so, +20mm over stock is sweet

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
very good - your wheels will extend 20mm in the front and 21mm in the rear over stock. This is pretty much spot on for most applications. If you want to be fully hectic and run mad camber you could go up to +30mm, but if you were one of those guys you wouldn't be here asking this so, +20mm over stock is sweet
Thanks for confirmingā€¦.ordered them earlier today šŸ‘šŸ¼