What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
10 people dead in a shooting in Monterey Park, CA.

I saw some celebrities on social media jump to the Asian victimhood angle as soon as it happened, saying things like, "the shooter targeted our community on Lunar New Year" or "Why isn't this story getting more attention? Is it because we're Asian?" blah blah blah. I was immediately skeptical of this being the media's typical narrative of 'right wing, white male shooter' because whenever a suspect is non-white, they don't immediately give that info. Whenever a shooter is white, however, the media can't wait to play the 'white supremacy' angle.

Sure enough, as more info came out, the shooter was an Asian. This story will likely go away without too much more media craze. If this had been a white shooter, you bet your ass the media would have an absolute frenzy over this.

btw - not that it should matter, but I'm Asian. The woke media don't give two shits about Asians. They will use us as cannon fodder for their polarizing, racist fear-mongering as it suits them. And when we Asians don't suit their agenda, they call us 'white-adjacent.' EFFFFF YOUUUU

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I saw some celebrities on social media jump to the Asian victimhood angle as soon as it happened, saying things like, "the shooter targeted our community on Lunar New Year" or "Why isn't this story getting more attention? Is it because we're Asian?" blah blah blah. I was immediately skeptical of this being the media's typical narrative of 'right wing, white male shooter' because whenever a suspect is non-white, they don't immediately give that info. Whenever a shooter is white, however, the media can't wait to play the 'white supremacy' angle.

Sure enough, as more info came out, the shooter was an Asian. This story will likely go away without too much more media craze. If this had been a white shooter, you bet your ass the media would have an absolute frenzy over this.

btw - not that it should matter, but I'm Asian. The woke media don't give two shits about Asians. They will use us as cannon fodder for their polarizing, racist fear-mongering as it suits them. And when we Asians don't suit their agenda, they call us 'white-adjacent.' EFFFFF YOUUUU
applause-applaud.gif

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
I heard about this a few days on the radio

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I know people buy fake degrees online all day, but I didn't know you could get one for nursing.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I know people buy fake degrees online all day, but I didn't know you could get one for nursing.
There was a teacher at a school where I used to work at that brought a Master's online from somewhere in Latin America. Everyone was talking smack about her because she received a $20k pay increase lol.