Suggested forum improvement

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
@Administrator @supra93 @Haste I'm posting this here as there is no subforum dedicated to the forum itself. I could have PMed this but others might like to see and support my idea here.

The list of "latest posts" that appears by default on the main landing page ("https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/#main.1") is a great example of a good idea not taken far enough. It would be WAY more useful to us if like regular forum listings, the threads which contained new content we have not yet seen appeared in boldface. That way we would not have to either go to the containing subforum or open up the thread itself to see if there was new content, an unneeded time-waster. (I realize that this might not be possible given the limitations of the forum software itself.)

PS: I'm just seeing now that the bold toggle is broken atm, I can't turn it off once it is turned on, the way I can for italic and underlined. The actual "B" icon itself changes when I click on it in the editing bar but it has no effect on selected or new text.

Let's see if I can change it after I save and then edit the post..... yes that worked. Weird.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@Administrator @Haste I'm posting this here as there is no subforum dedicated to the forum itself. I could have PMed this but others might like to see and support my idea here.

The list of "latest posts" that appears by default on the main landing page ("https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/#main.1") is a great example of a good idea not taken far enough. It would be WAY more useful to us if like regular forum listings, the threads which contained new content we have not yet seen appeared in boldface. That way we would not have to either go to the containing subforum or open up the thread itself to see if there was new content, an unneeded time-waster. (I realize that this might not be possible given the limitations of the forum software itself.)

PS: I'm just seeing now that the bold toggle is broken atm, I can't turn it off once it is turned on, the way I can for italic and underlined. The actual "B" icon itself changes when I click on it in the editing bar but it has no effect on selected or new text.

Let's see if I can change it after I save and then edit the post..... yes that worked. Weird.
Just hit the “what’s new” tab at the top…it only brings up posts you haven’t read yet

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
What's New, then All Posts if want to include those recent you've opened (and responded to).

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD