Strange Sputtering Sound 2023 Z preformance

ohmyfairladyz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
So a strange sputtering has started happening as the car is coming down in the rev range almost like a burble or misfire. I notice it more when in neutral rolling to a stop. I have only installed a CAT back exhaust I cant find anything definitive on line so I figured lets see what yall think and if any of you have experienced this. I will try and get video of the sound when I can, hoping it is something simple.

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
It's your exhaust. My Motordyne Shockwave exhaust makes fluttering pops on deceleration/downshifting. Since I replaced the cats with Kinnetix High Flows, they occur more frequently and sound deeper.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
So a strange sputtering has started happening as the car is coming down in the rev range almost like a burble or misfire. I notice it more when in neutral rolling to a stop. I have only installed a CAT back exhaust I cant find anything definitive on line so I figured lets see what yall think and if any of you have experienced this. I will try and get video of the sound when I can, hoping it is something simple.
That sounds totally normal with your modified exhaust.

OP
OP
ohmyfairladyz

ohmyfairladyz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
It's your exhaust. My Motordyne Shockwave exhaust makes fluttering pops on deceleration/downshifting. Since I replaced the cats with Kinnetix High Flows, they occur more frequently and sound deeper.
That sounds totally normal with your modified exhaust.
Thank you boys though it was something normal just hadn't heard it prior to the