Production 400Z expected when?

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Came across this today. Click on link for original post. There’s a bit more about other cars possible coming also.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...-the-new-subaru-wrx-sti-nissan-400z-toyota-86

Nissan 400Z - May 2021

Speaking of a long time between drinks, it's been over a decade since the Nissan 370Z first burst into our lives back in 2009.

But the wait for a new one is almost over, with media in Japan reporting that Nissan's new performance icon - the 400Z - will be revealed to the world in May next year.

In even better news, it's set to be a beast, with the newest Z to borrow Nissan's existing twin-turbo V6 - the one from the Infiniti RedSport product - which could make as much as 298kW and 475Nm.

And in equally grand news, new reports suggest that Nissan is also prepping a budget-conscious little brother for the 400Z, with a lesser Z car to produce around 224kW.

The two-tier approach means there should be a 400Z for every budget, and both should pair with a seven-speed automatic gearbox, or a rev-matching six-speed manual.

It appears the new vehicles is a lock for Australia, too, with Nissan here trademarking the 'Z' name here in preparation for its arrival.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
Has there been any indication of when we can expect the production 400Z to hit the market?

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Someone said product date is 9/21.

OP
OP
SPOHN

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
We might know something tomorrow. I say that very loosely. I have a slight feeling we are going to be left in the dark on a lot of the details. I hope I’m wrong.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
Ah was hoping that some official Nissan rep had recently mentioned timing.

And yea I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out a lot tomorrow. Plus they usually don't announce production dates at these reveals.

But maybe they'll mention or flash on screen a "Arrives 202X" or something.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Ah was hoping that some official Nissan rep had recently mentioned timing.

And yea I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out a lot tomorrow. Plus they usually don't announce production dates at these reveals.

But maybe they'll mention or flash on screen a "Arrives 202X" or something.
i am hoping we get some info later tonight with the proto reveal.

as of now i've heard multiple dates. i've had nissan GM's tell me earlier in the year they were told this fall but that was hit or miss with corona and shipping. i've had others tell me next fall. then you have the idiots spam posting awful news outlets saying 2023 which i feel is laughable. but if true nissan will just be pre-digging the grave for the Z.

even if it came out this fall it better be way up on tech and power to compete with the cars in it's class. they wait too long it'll be outdated before it even releases.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
I didn't get to finish the whole broadcast. Did they announce any kind of timing at all?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I didn't get to finish the whole broadcast. Did they announce any kind of timing at all?
They said nothing of importance the entire time except for twin turbo and manual. That was it.

Nissan wonders why they are going broke lol

OP
OP
SPOHN

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
All about they’re passion. Not ours.

riverrun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
At least they said it's basically production ready in terms of design and aero I think they said, so it gives hope it is sooner than later

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
There has been ZERO information from Nissan on anything other than design and that it's a twin turbo V6.

They gave hints about how the proto is 99% the production car. That they worked closely with engineering to ensure the design will not change much. Design said they handed the car off to engineering. That's pretty much all we know.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
At least they said it's basically production ready in terms of design and aero I think they said, so it gives hope it is sooner than later
I surely hope that isn’t what they will release.

I saw a lot of laziness in many areas. Almost as if they in a last ditch effort made a 370.5 and called it a prototype.

I’m still digesting it all before I give a full opinion.

OP
OP
SPOHN

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
If it is next year. I’m sure Sept/ Oct for a 2022 model. Just seems logical. It takes a lot of time to manufacture parts and ship overseas.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I would expect next spring/summer. The car is pretty much done. No need that they need more than another year to put it on the lot.