Nissan News Thread

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Interesting, but that bit about the headlight design being related to the 240's was an eyebrow-raising stretch to say the least.

I wonder why they de-linked the steering column from the IP this time around, seemed like a great trick for enhancing instrument visibility across drivers of different sizes in the 370.

They certainly nailed the tach design, although its apparent resolution in photos is not that great, hopefully it's crisper IRL. I trust they made as much use of their racing drivers for feedback on handling, etc. as for the tach setup.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
https://global.nissannews.com/en/releases/release-bf474e990500454c1e768fb2605bde42-211217-01-e

YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. announced today plans to establish a new company through the integration of two affiliated companies, Autech Japan Inc. (Autech) and Nissan Motorsports International Co. Ltd. (NISMO). The new company is to be established on April 1, 2022.

The integration is aimed to better globally utilize Autech's know-how in developing and manufacturing customized vehicles and NISMO’s brand power built up through motorsports. Positioned as an important strategic subsidiary, the new company is expected to contribute to Nissan’s sustainable growth.

Nissan aims to deliver a variety of exciting cars, provide experiences that better connect people and society, and to expand the possibilities of mobility.

Nissan Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta said: “Autech, with its wide range of expertise, is a pioneer of customized vehicles. NISMO, through motorsports and enhanced driving pleasure, is a symbol of the spirit of challenge in Nissan cars. We are confident that the integration of these two companies will bring us even closer to the pinnacle of exciting mobility we are aiming for.”

Autech and NISMO CEO Takao Katagiri said: “Both Autech and NISMO have more than 30 years’ experience and have a solid and wide fan base. By connecting the high aspirations of our employees and advanced craftsmanship for the future, we aim to reach ever greater heights as a presence loved and supported by customers.”

New company outline

NameNissan Motorsports & Customizing Co., Ltd.
BusinessConversion, motorsports, parts and accessories development, business entrusted and commissioned by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Month of integrationApril 2022
Addressâ—Ź Headquarters: 824-2, Hagisono, Chigasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
â—Ź Autech operations: As above
â—Ź NISMO operations: 6-1Daikoku-cho, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
President and CEOTakao Katagiri
Capital480 million yen
EmployeesApproximately 600

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Nissan Australia Introduces Pet Accessories To Make Road Trips With Dogs Easier
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/n...essories-to-make-road-trips-with-dogs-easier/
2022-Nissan-Australia-Dog-Pack-14.jpg
Yeah I saw this …personally I thin’ it’s a great idea. So many people buy 4WD or SUVs for the dogs, but they don’t buy restraints etc….in Aus its not common at all. So anything that promotes safety is a good idea, and if I had a Patrol, Pathfinder etc…I’d buy one

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I know it's not the point of the article, but side-by-side the Nissan logo looks sooooooo much better than Toyota (also kind of funny how they used a high-res version for Nissan and just tried to scale the Toyota to the point of pixelation)

1644869112333.png
Lol, yeah I really like the new Nissan logo. Digging the badge they went with on the cars as well with the silver & white.