Nismo lug nuts + OEM wheels = Dangerous

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Hi everyone, I need help here.

the other day I saw a picture of someone who put the nismo open ended lugnuts on their OEM wheels. It was a blue Z and I have just spent an hour trying to find the post as I wanted to reach out to the owner and let them know that the lugnuts do not match the wheel as the taper is wrong and they are not secure.

Anyone know who it is?

I figured it might cause some damage to the wheel, however, earlier today I had a chat with my friend the tyre fitter, who has examined those exact lug nuts (I have a set) when he replaced my tyres, and confirmed to me that they are not compatible. I wasn't planning to use them with the OEM wheels so I didn't think much about it.

After mentioning to him someone has them on their OEM wheels he explained that damage to the wheel is the least of their concerns, as the taper of the nismo lug nuts and them not seating correctly means less thread engagement and basically the wheels aren't secure and might fall off as a result.

20230531_122124.jpg

So that's why i just spent an hour trying to find the post! I want to share this information with the owner and hopefully nothing bad happens.