Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
self employed music teacher (at present)
I just found and logged on to this forum. Just bought a new 2024 Z. Graphite and had them put a rear spoiler on it. That really dresses the sport up a bit to my eye. For new owners: I am just starting to push mine to a some limits here and there. Only has about 850 mile or so. I am not blasting through all the gears yet . I'm slowly turning her loose for a good break in. May not be necessary, but why not treat a great car right. Right ? A couple of cautions. Be careful with the breaks on the sport . Don't go into corners hard immediately until you get a feel for the brakes. They are a bit weak on the sport for the power and torque and need some respect. I had mine start to fish tale in the rear end going into a 90 degree turn. Get a feel for them until you feel you know their limits. Its about 5 grand for the performance brake kit. Too much for me, I also felt the rear end break loose bit in 3rd with the Yokahamas, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to spin out the car or worse . You have to get on it pretty hard to make that happen. BUT I did feel it break loose just a tad.
My main bitch are the speakers. Man, they suck in the sport model. I saw a thread where some guys had done a few simple speaker changes and achieved great sound quality improvement. If anyone can point me to that thread, that would be great and much appreciated. The car delivers. Period. The sport model is GREAT for those who don't want or need any extra electronics tech. gadgetry. The car is built around what ,so far, looks to be a great engine with plenty of juice to get your adrenaline pumping a bit. I say it's like getting on a Disney ride every time you get behind the wheel. Glad to be a part of the club. I looked at Mustangs, Camaros, and the Z. I feel STRONGLY I chose the right car. It may not come off a straight line like a Mustang or Camaro, but it's a lot more fun to drive. I could go on. I like to write so I'll shut up and close. Anyone who knows what speaker thread, or threads I am talking about please send me that direction. Much appreciated, I'm going for a drive tonight. I can already feel a bit of excitement building. This car is fun !

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
@Brett I have the Sport also. I havent touched mine yet. With the limited info I have found. The rears behind the seats are 4.5", and the fronts are 6.5" components.

Not many companies, if it all make 4.5" speakers. Either upgrade to 5.25" or go with 4".

OP
OP

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
Will those sizes fit without making a big mess ?

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
4" speaker will need a bracket to fit where the 4.5" speaker sits. Not sure about 5.25" since I havent removed the panel

Right now, I have my fade set to 90% front sound stage. The rear struggles during drum/bass beats

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Post some pics of your Z! Congrats on choosing the right car.

Did Nissan add a LSD to the 24 sport?

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I know itā€™s not stereo related, but my recommendation is to purchase some Michelin Pilot Sport Sā€™s for your car. Amazing grip. šŸ˜Š

zpro_fast

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Manual
The stereo 100 percent is pathetic. Other forum members have noted that changing the spare wheel sub helps. I would imagine a speaker upgrade would go a long way too.
Mine is all stock but Iā€™m lurking on some upgrades. The BOsE is totally shizen donā€™t feel like youā€™re missing out.

OP
OP

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Sport
Occupation
The stereo 100 percent is pathetic. Other forum members have noted that changing the spare wheel sub helps. I would imagine a speaker upgrade would go a long way too.
Mine is all stock but Iā€™m lurking on some upgrades. The BOsE is totally shizen donā€™t feel like youā€™re missing out.
Thanks for that note. I was wondering if I missed out with the Bose system. Their stuff is always over-priced and over-rated. Not saying it's bad, but you can get stuff just as good or better for less.

Mugzilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Sport (MT)
Occupation
printer repair man
I just made this same post. Why on earth would a car company use some non-standard speaker size?!

Tagscribing for hopefully a solution.

Mugzilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Sport (MT)
Occupation
printer repair man
So, for SPORT audio. Are these the speaker sizes?

- 4.5" rear speakers.
- 6.5" door speakers.
- 2.75" dash speakers.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
So, for SPORT audio. Are these the speaker sizes?

- 4.5" rear speakers.
- 6.5" door speakers.
- 2.75" dash speakers.
Not sure about the rears. I dont plan on using them so I didnt dig into them. Im not 100% sure if the rears are 4.5" or 4"

Heres some pics of the front on a Sport
20240310_140219.jpg

20240310_142054.jpg

20240310_141106.jpg

Mugzilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Sport (MT)
Occupation
printer repair man
Quick update:

The rear speakers on the sport are 3.5". The size is 3.5". No more, no less. 4.5" is right out. [/Monty Python Holy Grail reference]

So, for SPORT audio. These are the speaker sizes:

- 3.5" rear speakers.
- 6.5" door speakers. (Need a new spacer, as the stock spacer is PART of the stock speaker).
- 2.5" dash speakers. (You CAN make 2.75" with a little modification to the clamp nuts.....)

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Quick update:

The rear speakers on the sport are 3.5". The size is 3.5". No more, no less. 4.5" is right out. [/Monty Python Holy Grail reference]

So, for SPORT audio. These are the speaker sizes:

- 3.5" rear speakers.
- 6.5" door speakers. (Need a new spacer, as the stock spacer is PART of the stock speaker).
- 2.5" dash speakers. (You CAN make 2.75" with a little modification to the clamp nuts.....)
No wonder why the rears sounds weak and distorted at higher volume.

I'll probably do 1" or 1.25" dash tweaters