How much are you willing to pay for the Performance trim?

How much are you willing to pay for the Performance trim?

• 7. I'm out at any price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
Just curious to gauge the feeling here on this - maybe Passe will take note :)

Assume USD and consider we don't really know the price of the base/sport (could be anywhere from $38-42K, I think).
What I think really matters is the price of the Performance trim (unless the delta is just huge, in which case we'll see more 'option 1' folks).

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I just added option 7 for you :)
the $35k was a big draw for me, but the price increase and wait will be too long for me.
prob gonna go for something else and keep an eye on the z for the future.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
If $38k (As per Raiti and some other youtubers) is correct for "base' (Sport) then I would guess $43-44k for Performance 6MT and $2,500 or so for Proto Spec package. Only other options on Performance aside from 9speed would be, Bronze Wheels, & Yellow calipers if they allow you to get those without the Proto Spec package. $45k for performance would have the 9Speed add on. The way Nissan changed their packages up the last couple years of the 370z, there is very little flexibility within the options. The 2020 nismo AT topped out at $47k, and there were no options you could add on aside from accessories.

Sport/Base: $36k-$38.5k plus AT
Performance: $43k-45k plus AT & Proto Spec

OP
OP
jdrxb9

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
If $38k (As per Raiti and some other youtubers) is correct for "base' (Sport) then I would guess $43-44k for Performance 6MT and $2,500 or so for Proto Spec package. Only other options on Performance aside from 9speed would be, Bronze Wheels, & Yellow calipers if they allow you to get those without the Proto Spec package. $45k for performance would have the 9Speed add on. ...
Agree with pretty much all of this - I wasn't even thinking about the auto when I put the prices together ?
And I don't think there will be any options - the press release even says: "One available option: Proto Spec", but I'm sure your dealer would be happy to charge you $$$$ for dealer-installed caliper paint and wheels. :)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I agree performance should start below $45k. Even the proto spec should be well below $50k
MSRP of $50k for the Proto seems realistic to me given that it's limited to 240 units.

However, in this market it won't surprise me to see them listed at $70k+. All bets are off when LE CTR's are moving in the $70k's and some are listed as high as $125k.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Betting Performance model base is $45k. Then add $$ for 2-tone premium paint, auto trans (for some of us), and it's $48k. Add tax and destination, $52k. Bob's your Uncle. Supra territory. And this is assuming there is no dealer markup. All because, for me, no LSD or Launch Control on the Sport model. Nissan bean counters know eggzaktly what they're doing. If I wasn't getting an auto, I'd consider a Sport model with monotone color and stick. That would be decent value.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
If the base model really is $38K I could see the Performance Package being around $43K - $45K. If I remember correctly, I believe the Sport Package on the 370z was around $34 or $35K? So about $4 or 5K over the base. The other thing to consider is, if the new Performance package is priced too high, let's say $50K, then the Nismo will be astronomical since it was previously about $20K over the base 370z.

Regardless, as much as I am set on getting this next year, I don't see myself going over $45K and I don't see myself going with the base model of the new Z either. Was really hoping that $35K price point was legit.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
If the base model really is $38K I could see the Performance Package being around $43K - $45K. If I remember correctly, I believe the Sport Package on the 370z was around $34 or $35K? So about $4 or 5K over the base. The other thing to consider is, if the new Performance package is priced too high, let's say $50K, then the Nismo will be astronomical since it was previously about $20K over the base 370z.

Regardless, as much as I am set on getting this next year, I don't see myself going over $45K and I don't see myself going with the base model of the new Z either. Was really hoping that $35K price point was legit.
Me too

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)

I much prefer you to be right on the $43k...every grand helps. As for the Nismo, if it has awd, then MSRP is bound to be well over $60k.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

Absolutely! $45k is as far as I will go. Damn I wish it was just a bit cheaper though.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
The RAYS wheels of the Performance package cost at least $2k, no?
19" forged wheels.