Hobbies & collectors thread

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Not really a collector of anything for sentimental, emotional or monetary reasons, but like others here, I also have a safe full of guns.

My main "hobby", or way of life really, is surfing. started 25 years ago and been through many surf boards. My current collection consists of 8 boards.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's not armed intruders that are a problem here, it's intruders who outnumber you and/or are physically stronger than you, or hopped up on drugs. Most home intruders that get shot by homeowners do not have a gun themselves. We have the right to stop home intruder without finding out which person is better in hand-to-hand combat.
The idea of a government thinking people should resort to hand-to-hand combat (possibly with other weapons) as self defense...eff that. Gonna suck if the Chinese come ashore!
There are pros to it as well though…never had a school shooting for one thing , and no shoot outs on the street with people caught in the cross fire.
I’m neutral , just will I could have gel blasters back because they were fun

Last edited:

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO

baserunner

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon, 350Z Roadster, R8, M4, 718 CS, 992 911CS4
Occupation
CFO
… and today wearing the Bell&Ross BR01-92 Limited Edition with blue

and today wearing the Bell&Ross BR01-92 Limited Edition with blue dial …
322580E1-1D42-4892-AD78-0F2BDD1163CD.jpeg
322580E1-1D42-4892-AD78-0F2BDD1163CD.jpeg
… going to wear the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Yacht-Master this evening out with friends …
AA31A1F8-47D1-41B5-B740-418F9918E3FD.jpeg
AA31A1F8-47D1-41B5-B740-418F9918E3FD.jpeg

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
There are pros to it as well though…never had a school shooting for one thing , and no shoot outs on the street with people caught in the cross fire.
I’m numeral, just will I could have gel blasters back because they were fun
Those instances are EXTREMELY rare, regardless what the media is showing people... but that's a topic for another thread.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Not really a collector of anything for sentimental, emotional or monetary reasons, but like others here, I also have a safe full of guns.

My main "hobby", or way of life really, is surfing. started 25 years ago and been through many surf boards. My current collection consists of 8 boards.
I learned to surf after midnight in Waikiki back in 2007. What a fucking experience. We just have one board right now but it hasn't got much use in years. I was really big into body boarding out in HI.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We
I learned to surf after midnight in Waikiki back in 2007. What a fucking experience. We just have one board right now but it hasn't got much use in years. I was really big into body boarding out in HI.
We surf a lot, although it’s starting to get a bit scary…seems to be more and more shark attacks here, probably because the great white is now a protected species so numbers are increasing.
We have shark deterrents but I wouldn’t bet my life on it

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
We
We surf a lot, although it’s starting to get a bit scary…seems to be more and more shark attacks here, probably because the great white is now a protected species so numbers are increasing.
surf pics or it didn't happen...

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
What of my family surfing or a shark attack…we haven’t been involved in the latter
And your not getting a photo of me surfing…that is for sure, so I guess it didn’t happen, even if it did ?
? sharks...i have done between 250-300 dives in several countries/locations. in all that time ive only seen 3 sharks. 2 nurse sharks, the 3rd was a large bull shark that followed me for 45 mins all the way back to the boat. i thought it was gonna attack me...all i had was a knife. i will not swim or dive if i cannot see at least 50 meters around me.

@baserunner

nice watches....i used to have a few, though not as nice as what you have. but as i got older my wrist would itch and get irritated when i wore them...not sure why. cant wear jewelry anymore either, even gold

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
We
So back in 2010 (or 2011, can't remember) we took a trip to Australia for my sister's wedding (which never happened). We stayed up in Cairns for a couple days and went to snorkel the GBR. My dumb ass snorkelled after a black tip reef shark. It wasn't the only one I saw but my wife about murdered me after I swam with the first one ?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So back in 2010 (or 2011, can't remember) we took a trip to Australia for my sister's wedding (which never happened). We stayed up in Cairns for a couple days and went to snorkel the GBR. My dumb ass snorkelled after a black tip reef shark. It wasn't the only one I saw but my wife about murdered me after I swam with the first one ?
It’s the white pointers that cause the issues
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ies-after-shark-attack-on-nsw-mid-north-coast

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier