OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have to wonder.
Are the dealers really in the dark or, just been told not to leak anything on pain of death.
Unless these are all for dealers, they would have VINs and allocations surely?

Iā€™m wondering if on the first at 7pm will Nissan make all allocations live in the system?
Or will we be waiting for a good while yet.
To be honest, havenā€™t seen any yellow coupes only Protosā€¦which doesn't instill confidence, Iā€™m still hoping if they donā€™t have yellow but another colour in manual that they offer it to me. I like almost all colours.

Itā€™s going to be an interesting few weeks

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Iā€™m still hoping if they donā€™t have yellow but another colour in manual that they offer it to me. I like almost all colours.
I don't understand this. If your order's in the system who would be offering you a different car?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't understand this. If your order's in the system who would be offering you a different car?
The dealer said to me that orders are not built to customer, and that they are using said orders to guesstimate the best combination to make.
If so some may not get the colour or transmission they ordered.
If you miss out you should be permitted to chose from what is available, or choose to wait.
People in line should be accommodated to in order of that line.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We are! District Sales Manager has confirmed that testing and compliance is underway. I reckon the next few weeks will be pretty exciting for many of us.
You would think that testing and compliance would be complete before a stack of cars arrive.
If they fail, itā€™s a bit late to send them all back to be adjusted to comply

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
The dealer said to me that orders are not built to customer, and that they are using said orders to guesstimate the best combination to make.
They are mass produced and not built to order but they certainly will be shipped and delivered to order. If customers deliveries don't match their orders it would be a publicity and legal nightmare.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They are mass produced and not built to order but they certainly will be shipped and delivered to order. If customers deliveries don't match their orders it would be a publicity and legal nightmare.
Thatā€™s not actually what I was told.
Was told Iā€™m first on the list and will be contacted no matter what comes through their doors first.

Not saying you are not rightā€¦just saying what I was told
A bit like @Ballast Scorcher being offered a auto over manual, with plenty of people in the system wanting a auto proto.
That was corrected due to more protos being made but same same

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Was told Iā€™m first on the list and will be contacted no matter what comes through their doors first.
Jesus, I really hope that your dealer was misinformed. I'm not going to wait around until the exact combination happens to arrive at the right port which then happens to be transported to the right dealership. With 38 build combinations thereā€™s slim odds of that ever working out.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
You would think that testing and compliance would be complete before a stack of cars arrive.
If they fail, itā€™s a bit late to send them all back to be adjusted to comply
being they now have cars registered that has to have been completed.
so pretty sure that step is done and dusted.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I have to wonder.
Are the dealers really in the dark or, just been told not to leak anything on pain of death.
Unless these are all for dealers, they would have VINs and allocations surely?
My understanding is that Nissan AU have not yet allocated vehicles (as per Protos) therefore dealers are still in the dark. Remember we were all supposed to get a phone call from Nissan Au a few weeks ago.

Iā€™m wondering if on the first at 7pm will Nissan make all allocations live in the system?
Or will we be waiting for a good while yet.
I reckon we'll be waiting until Protos hit the road and then Coupes may trickle through in October

To be honest, havenā€™t seen any yellow coupes only Protosā€¦which doesn't instill confidence, Iā€™m still hoping if they donā€™t have yellow but another colour in manual that they offer it to me. I like almost all colours.

Itā€™s going to be an interesting few weeks
Yeah looks like the least popular colours are coming through first ? For Demos I guess?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
so these 3 plus that proto from a little bit back are all regoed on the 11th Aug so 2 weeks ago.

and which was a day after that truck full was spotted.

so I'm going media cars.

as dealers would be plating them themselves when they get them.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Jesus, I really hope that your dealer was misinformed. I'm not going to wait around until the exact combination happens to arrive at the right port which then happens to be transported to the right dealership. With 38 build combinations thereā€™s slim odds of that ever working out.
Me too

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
so these 3 plus that proto from a little bit back are all regoed on the 11th Aug so 2 weeks ago.

and which was a day after that truck full was spotted.

so I'm going media cars.

as dealers would be plating them themselves when they get them.
They could be dealer demos?

Even though there are registered cars on the road, full compliance *could* still be pending. Very unlikely, but can import and register pending full compliance (ie, vehicle import approval for limited number of vehicles that are imported for testing/compliance).

As I said though, this is unlikely the case. Pretty sure these things have well and truly had their compliance done by now. It's not like every car needs to be checked... could just be awaiting the paperwork all clear though.

My thoughts are that dealers continue to be at the mercy of Nissan Australia. And Nissan Australia are trying to get all their ducks in a row and deliver the initial batch en masse rather than dribs and drabs.

Could be worse... could be subject to BMSB seasonal measures...

Reactions: Mud