Engine dress up question

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Thanks for sharing. I subscribed to your channel lastnight. Found it while looking for a way to install the heat exchanger. I plan to upgrade mine and the coolant pump. Is it necessary to do the intercooler as well?

Did you, or are you planning to upgrade the BOV? Im looking at TurboSmart
Yes I currently have the Turbosmart dual port BOVs. These engines donā€™t like open to atmosphere BOVs. The turbo smart dual port are the best choice to get some sound and keep everything happy. I also have an install video for those on YouTube. Couple of important things are mentioned in it that the instructions do not cover. On a side note I am upgraded my turbos and will have to change BOVs so I will be selling mine early march. I will be listing them in the for sale section.

Thanks for the sub and I hope the videos help you and everyone else modding their Z =)

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Thanks for sharing. I subscribed to your channel lastnight. Found it while looking for a way to install the heat exchanger. I plan to upgrade mine and the coolant pump. Is it necessary to do the intercooler as well?

Did you, or are you planning to upgrade the BOV? Im looking at TurboSmart
Sorry forgot to address the intercooler question. I wouldnā€™t say it is a necessary upgraded. Unless you are looking for longer track sessions. At some point without an actual increase to heat exchange you will still become heat soaked. The pump you are getting should be more than enough with factory coolers and larger heat exchanger. Assuming you are just kicking it on back roads and some 1/4 mile runs.

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
How much oil, if any are you seeing in the catch can?
Ive seen videos of two people empty the can around 3k miles. It had more oil in it than my last three cars combined in 12k plus miles catch cans. Which doesnā€™t surprise me because with only 600 miles on the car I already found oil up to my passenger side turbo. Problem is Z1 and any single can system doesnā€™t take care of the passenger side. I currently have Z1 but impatiently waiting for B6 to get the dual system back in stock. Itā€™s been like 6 months.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
@Mr&Mrs thats a lot of blow by into the crankcase. Another thing to add to my list.

It looks like two Air Oil Separator system is needed to keep the oil where its supposed to be

Last edited:

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I bought new antifreeze from the dealer. Iā€™ve always heard it was bad to reuse antifreeze