Discontinued - 2022 Subaru WRX STi

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
sadly everyone is focused on the esthetics rather than performance...it's a shame because i keep seeing so many great reviews on its driving capabilities.

maybe there will be an aftermarket solution...
If by "aftermarket solution" you mean strip off all of the exterior, throw it into a swimming pool of acid, and start over, then definitely!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
sadly everyone is focused on the esthetics rather than performance...it's a shame because i keep seeing so many great reviews on its driving capabilities.

maybe there will be an aftermarket solution...
I don’t think there is any saving this design.
you have to wonder what they were thinking, and if they even consulted anyone in the process

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
you have to wonder what they were thinking, and if they even consulted anyone in the process
They consulted the same team that designed the Outback and Forester.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeah its quite awful. I bought a 2020 and am so glad I didn't wait for the new design lol. Places like Carvana are offering damn good money for mine right now so if the new Z releases at decent price im going for it. I do love my STI but im already craving more power and would rather modify a different platform. I want a Z car bad!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Statement on STI:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/statement-on-subaru-sti-301500419.html

CAMDEN, N.J., March 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- As the automotive marketplace continues to move towards electrification, Subaru is focused on how our future sports and performance cars should evolve to meet the needs of the changing marketplace and the regulations and requirements for greenhouse gasses (GHG), zero emissions vehicles (ZEV), and Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ).

As part of that effort, Subaru Corporation is exploring opportunities for the next generation Subaru WRX STI, including electrification. In the meantime, a next generation internal combustion engine WRX STI will not be produced based upon the new WRX platform.

The Subaru WRX STI and the STI brand represent the zenith of Subaru's performance vehicles exemplifying Subaru's unique DNA and rally heritage. As we look to the future, we also look forward to incorporating the essence of STI into our next generation of vehicles.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier