Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I bet someone out there already has a copy of the release and press pics
My understanding of how things work during the short time I worked with the auto media. Usually an automaker will send out an advance or redacted press release to the media a week or so before a debut takes place.

Regarding the photos. For example there are 150 press photos. MotorTrend will get 20, another 20 to Road&Track and so on. By not giving xyz the full set the automaker can more easily track if and where a photo leak came from. If any outlet breaks the embargo they will be blacklisted from any future advance info and special events.

But of course there will always be people with friends whom have special access to the car itself and or sensitive info.

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
He's probably busy with behind the scene stuff.
Sorry - have been slightly busy these days - was at a Frontier event last week.

Lots of talks of leaks here! I hope nothing yet... the releases are not finalized, nor is photography. Lots of approvals needed before everything is ready for prime time.

Just a little more than two weeks to go. It's going to be fantastic.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Sorry - have been slightly busy these days - was at a Frontier event last week.

Lots of talks of leaks here! I hope nothing yet... the releases are not finalized, nor is photography. Lots of approvals needed before everything is ready for prime time.

Just a little more than two weeks to go. It's going to be fantastic.
It's good hearing from you. I haven't seen any leaks yet. Can you at least confirm that is is where the Z unveiling will take place?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
It's good hearing from you. I haven't seen any leaks yet. Can you at least confirm that is is where the Z unveiling will take place?
Noticed how he gave @Lin626's post a like. That's probably a yes in my book.

From what I am reading the unveiling at Duggal is a private event. A few days later the Z will be moved to the Javits Center where the public can view it at the New York auto show.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
you guys want leaks?

i've got an acquaintance, who knows this guy, who's gardener is best friends with a lady that grooms the dog of the mother of a security guard that overheard 2 nissan executives who were getting their backs waxed at an all-you-can-eat buffet, say they were gonna reveal the new z in ny sometime in aug...

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
you guys want leaks?

i've got an acquaintance, who knows this guy, who's gardener is best friends with a lady that grooms the dog of the mother of a security guard that overheard 2 nissan executives who were getting their backs waxed at an all-you-can-eat buffet, say they were gonna reveal the new z in ny sometime in aug...
That's nothing. My sister's best friends sister-in-law's cousin is getting married next month. Her wedding planner's nephew knows a catering company who's owner has a private plane. the pilot's son knows a DJ who is married to an event planner who is involved in setting up the reveal in New York. They say the car will have a six cylinder and a manual transmission.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
From what I understand the world debut at Duggal Greenhouse will go on as planned as it was mainly set up to be viewed online via livestream.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater