Sponsored

Recent content by alienpoker

  1. Anyone had any issues with shifting? (6MT)

    Do it. Redline ir some premium brand mentioned in this thread. Also pls read my recent post. While you’re at it, change the ‘brake fluid’ in the clutch master and bleed. It gets cooked by the hot engine bay and looks like maple syrup after a while. It should look golden or clear.
  2. Anyone had any issues with shifting? (6MT)

    Might be stupid to ask, have you tried pressing Down on the shifter when engaging Reverse. My apologies if you already tried this.
  3. Anyone had any issues with shifting? (6MT)

    As many have commented, 1st->2nd was always ‘notchy’ in my R34 (370Z Nismo 1st gen). Here’s some things I did: 1. Took me a while to get this- don’t lift the gas pedal so much 1->2 For some reason if you hit the gate right it’s smother. By a lot. You need to lift the gas nearly off in other...
  4. How is the automatic on the Nismo?

    Pretty much sums it up. Own 370Z Nismo MT, Z Nismo, ‘73 240Z. I hardly ever use the paddles when driving the RZ34. Just doesn’t have the right trans feel for me. The AT shifts so much faster than I ever could. If you can find a new MT Nismo, get that. No way can I take the hit on selling my...
  5. Pop-up hood (popper delete kit) installed with pics

    I’m sorry?!? $100 for 2 resistor packs & a couple of plates?
  6. Pop-up hood (popper delete kit) installed with pics

    I agree and suggested long ago ~2ohms was correct (Digital Electronics was my Bachelors degree and now one of my hobbies). Anyway- I found a source of some sealed plug-in resistor modules specifically made to be waterproof and simulate airbags or poppers. Here’s pics of measure two at random...
  7. NISMO Z CARBO TECH BRAKE PADS now available to order on their website.

    „ 170,000 ~ $1,050 but then you have shipping and possibly customs/tarrifs
  8. NISMO Z CARBO TECH BRAKE PADS now available to order on their website.

    Just hope they are less brake dust than the pads. My black wheels turn grey. 😳😬
  9. Verstappen in a GT500 Z Nismo

    This is very cool to see: Max Verstappen driving a Z in the wet. Put the sound on! I admired Schumacher’s ability to stick an F1 to the track in the wet. This is equally as impressive.
  10. Since my dealer charged me 230$ to disable the ASE, I will do it myself

    Unless you have specific info on VXDiag, this isn’t always the case. The VM may not allow a program to talk directly to the hardware. The VXDIAG drivers (may) expect direct hw access, which the VM ‘sandbox’ will deny. So you go through all the sw setup and find out the hard way it doesn’t...
  11. Oil Filter compilation

    np BTW- The difference between a 96F0A and a 96F0E could be only the place of manufacture. That’s according to a Nissan Parts Dept Specialist. They change just the last letter if the specification stays the same, but they sourced it from (for instance) Mexico and not Japan. It’s still the...
  12. Oil Filter compilation

    afaik Nissan says the 9F60A supersedes the 65F1E. They don’t know what filter they want you to use on the RZ34. I prefer the Mahle to the recent ‘OEMs’ and then the taller GTR oil filter (more filter media) in that order. BTW- google says the 15208-9F60A is “approximately 1.0 bar, which...
  13. Why are Nismo seats designed with no pull to access the rear cubbies???

    And the wearing of the side of the seat bolster, if you have it long enough. Yeah, a 2010 370Z Nismo owner

  14. Looking for experienced input on purchase of new Z (Performance v NISMO)

    Wow. Just wow, put down the handbags and stop swinging them at each-other. I’ll make one point that seems to be missed here: Selling original stock Nismo parts to someone that has a less expensive RZ34. Are they the ‘Best of the Best’ parts out there? No. But better some cases than what came...



Top