The new Golf R

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Bumping an old thread, but there’s a VW dealership right by Nissan so opted to swing by since they got a new GTI in stock. Said it’s only one, floor model only after I asked if they’re selling it/allowing test drives but he could “see what he could do” if I was serious.

No word of when R arrives, but it’s an Autobahn edition and they have 8k tacked on for “market adjustment.” Sticker price nearly 50k. Almost hit the floor in shock.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
"market adjustment" lololol ?
love it! you know a committee sat around a boardroom for hours on end trying to come up with that.

boss: we need a term for ripping off customers without it sounding like we're ripping them off...got any ideas?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
"market adjustment" lololol ?
love it! you know a committee sat around a boardroom for hours on end trying to come up with that.

boss: we need a term for ripping off customers without it sounding like we're ripping them off...got any ideas?
?

My dad just got in a bad accident that totaled his '14 Silverado. He went to Ford to look at a new F150 and the sheet he sent me just said, "Market Adjusted Retail Price", with a price around $65k. It didn't break out MSRP or ADM. I built the same truck online for around $55k. Realistically they are tacking on around $10k in ADM but are doing their best to hide that fact from people who don't know any better. OTD it was pushing damn near $70k. He ended up getting a '22 Silverado from an "honest" dealership for around $50k at 0% for 36 months and didn't pay a dime in ADM from what I could tell.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Epic fail on the interior of these new vdubs
Which is such a bummer, because they sound like a lot of fun to drive. Paired with the news that this may be the last generation of Golf, I don't know if we'll see a revamped interior or not. Can't imagine a mid-cycle refresh would go that far.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
VW, having issues with the haptic buttons in the new GTI/R?! Who could have seen that coming

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/08/08/2022-vw-golf-r-gti-recall-sunroof/
Epic fail on the interior of these new vdubs
Which is such a bummer, because they sound like a lot of fun to drive. Paired with the news that this may be the last generation of Golf, I don't know if we'll see a revamped interior or not. Can't imagine a mid-cycle refresh would go that far.
I loved my Mk7, 2016 when the interiors were full of backlit buttons and well lit nooks and crannies. After 2017 VW began removing the lighting.

I would have been so open to getting a Mk8, hoping VW went back to "mini-Audi" content, but once I saw the haptics, lack of real buttons and the hard plastic dash.....ooof. A Civic or Corolla hatchback is now more lux.