Has any one tried putting z34 (370z ) parts to rz34 (z), what can be used and what can fit ?

Bodz

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata, beetle
Occupation
Manager
If the chasis of the new z is the same with the out going z34 or the 370z , will they have the same suspension parts? more so is it possible to use the coilovers from the 370z to the new z ?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Its a possibility; The new GR86/BRZ uses a similarly updated chassis 1st gen chassis, so some parts have been able to transfer over. The same could apply to the Z, but time will tell once deliveries start.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Its a possibility; The new GR86/BRZ uses a similarly updated chassis 1st gen chassis, so some parts have been able to transfer over. The same could apply to the Z, but time will tell once deliveries start.
I'm also hoping the likes of AMS/Z1/etc. get their mitts on some Z's in the near future and start playing LEGO with them. Would be good for Nissan (show what's possible with aftermarket) as well as help us get some answers and of course, build further excitement about what's possible.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'm also hoping the likes of AMS/Z1/etc. get their mitts on some Z's in the near future and start playing LEGO with them. Would be good for Nissan (show what's possible with aftermarket) as well as help us get some answers and of course, build further excitement about what's possible.
I think Z1 Motorsports, and Fast Intentions are probably on high priority of 1st batch of cars due to their involvement with Nissan directly (+also being able to display the car to the public at their events)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Mounting points and geometry are different so might not work. Guess we'll see.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I think Z1 Motorsports, and Fast Intentions are probably on high priority of 1st batch of cars due to their involvement with Nissan directly (+also being able to display the car to the public at their events)
Great point—forgot about FI (that's like forgetting about Dre)—especially the events angle.

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to. The fact that they aren't calling this a Z35 is a good assumption a lot of parts will carry over..

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
AMS already said they are going for 1k HP. They already make stuff for the VR30 so they have a pretty good assumption with what needs to be done, same goes for FI. I wouldn't mind seeing Z1 make different tier packages like they did for the 300zx.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I was speaking with a Z1 employee at Z Nationals a couple months ago. According to him, they are scheduled to get several cars right off the bat in order to start engineering parts.

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
I was speaking with a Z1 employee at Z Nationals a couple months ago. According to him, they are scheduled to get several cars right off the bat in order to start engineering parts.
This isn't the same kinda thing with the employee from Nissan saying the car cost 30k right? :p

OP
OP
Bodz

Bodz

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata, beetle
Occupation
Manager
hello z bros, z enthusiasts and z family alike, do we know at this point what parts can we carry over from the 370z to the new z?
like exhausts, coilovers, sways bars like we saw in the video from greddy, and what parts can we carry over from the q50 q60 vr30ddtt, to the z's vr30ddtt

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Obviously, Z1 is promoting their premium modular Y-pipe with the 2023 Z exhaust. Aside from that, it looks identical to the 370 set up.

I'm still scratching my head about the single 3 inch pipe though, I know Stillen uses it. But don't dual 2.5" pipes have a lot more cross sectional area and flow potential than a single 3" pipe. I guess it was chosen soley for the "mature" sound.

370Z touring.JPG

Z Touring.JPG