johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Heat testing if I had to guess. The silver and grey cars that showed up are still mules if I had to guess. The interior on them still have a matte finish to them which makes me think they are still not 100% but damn close.
Kind of late in the game for that no? Production is reportly happening this fall. Either way, thanks to whom ever leaked this pics! :)

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
I wonder what it's doing in Arizona? Does anyone know where the Nissan dealer meeting is taking place?
Heat testing if I had to guess. The silver and grey cars that showed up are still mules if I had to guess. The interior on them still have a matte finish to them which makes me think they are still not 100% but damn close.
Yup, Nissan did the same for the 370Z. In fact, a lot of automakers bring their test cars to AZ for heat testing.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I believe the three states with the most test mule and prototype sightings are MI, CA and AZ.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
OP updated with larger and clearer photos.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
does anyone have any thoughts on the 6 speed in the current 370, is it bullet proof and comment on the shifting etc . I owned a S2000 and as we all know the tranny is excellent
thanks

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
does anyone have any thoughts on the 6 speed in the current 370, is it bullet proof and comment on the shifting etc . I owned a S2000 and as we all know the tranny is excellent
thanks
Can't remember much about it from old test drives, wasn't terrible IMO but nothing as good as say the Miata ND's. Savagegeese hated it, said it was like stirring through 50 pounds of rubber in his last 370 review.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
thanks
Uh, I wouldn't compare the S2000 transmission/clutch to the 370z. The 370z isn't as easy to modulate, there's alot of dead pedal travel etc, and the flywheel is heavy so rpms drop slow (comparatively). My brother couldn't drive my 370 when he was learning manual (i learned manual on it), i on the other hand wasn't a fan of the STI. Honda/Porsche have the best manuals, so coming from s2k to 370z/new Z, we'll have to see what (if any) improvements were made on the new Z's 6MT.

There are options to make the shifting smoother/clutch engagement better on the 370z, so not all hope was lost. I bought a better spring for the clutch, but never used it as I got used to the finnicky clutch.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Uh, I wouldn't compare the S2000 transmission/clutch to the 370z. The 370z isn't as easy to modulate, there's alot of dead pedal travel etc, and the flywheel is heavy so rpms drop slow (comparatively). My brother couldn't drive my 370 when he was learning manual (i learned manual on it), i on the other hand wasn't a fan of the STI. Honda/Porsche have the best manuals, so coming from s2k to 370z/new Z, we'll have to see what (if any) improvements were made on the new Z's 6MT.

There are options to make the shifting smoother/clutch engagement better on the 370z, so not all hope was lost. I bought a better spring for the clutch, but never used it as I got used to the finnicky clutch.
Did you drive one of the newer 370s with the Exedy clutch Nissan brought to the car when they finally realized theirs was a POS? IT was decent.

I'd add the Miata ND to the list of cars with an A+ MT.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Did you drive one of the newer 370s with the Exedy clutch Nissan brought to the car when they finally realized theirs was a POS? IT was decent.

I'd add the Miata ND to the list of cars with an A+ MT.
I have not driven that version (2018+) ; Only 2012 and then 2014 Nismo.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
grill I'm sure in person will make you feel better and it actually works with the silver accents