370Z vs 2023 Z

Petemo94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 G37 Coupe, 93 300ZX NA Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
Excellent video. It confirms my suspicions that the Proto Z is an evolutionary design (which is NOT a bad thing) and will help Nissan save money in this time of struggle. Reuse parts, reuse design and reuse components (rear supsension, Turbo engines, interior switches (climate control)....)

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
The best thing is, as much as people say the Z is a reskinned version of the 370z, it still scratches the itch that no one is fulfilling on the JDM side; 2 Door, Manual, Turbo, RWD. The BRZ came the closest, but doesn't hit the power craving from stock.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
To me, I like them both since totally different design approaches. Still like the 370Z when I see it on streets, bold, great proportions, those fenders, head and tail lights! Then again, the Z35 is more heritage, smooth, elegant, great details, and great base for the aftermarket to go crazy with :)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Confusion here....

I thought some people already took a tape measure to the Z Proto and it had the EXACT same wheelbase as a 370Z?

When you hear "the new Z will be slightly bigger" they mean the front and rear overhang are slightly longer, due to restyling of the exterior body shell. The interior dimensions and track dimensions are basically exactly the same.

The new Z is just a refreshed 370Z....don't expect anything drastically changed aside from appearance and power from the new TT V6.

And I'd be SHOCKED if there's a "New Q60" more likely we'll see a restyled Q60 with a mandatory 9AT in place of the old 7AT. And hopefully they ditch DAS.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Is it just me or has the hood been raised a little?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm still looking for any suspension differences, if any, and wheel offsets.....

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I'm still looking for any suspension differences, if any, and wheel offsets.....
“The team changed how the suspension moves to handle the new torque curve. Nissan engineers changed the damper mounting points, modified the bump stop touch points, dialed in more front caster, increased the spring rates, softened the dampers 20%, and used wider front tires. The changes increase the accuracy of the suspension geometry, and Tamura said they also improve cornering performance and reduce understeer.

The switch to electric power steering allowed the team to dial in quicker responses thanks to a stiffer rack. "Everything was sharpened," Tamura said.

Nissan started with the structure from the 370Z, but reinforced it to handle more twist from the extra power. The front crash structure, part of the front firewall, the rear subframe, and most of the rear hatch are either new or reinforced, and front underbody bracing was added. The changes increased torsional stiffness by 10.9% and improved the rigidity of the rear hatch by 23.9%.”