First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
Now that we have an idea of the new cooling system on the Z, how does it hold up against the current cooling system on the Q50 Red sport? It's a common mod to upgrade their cooling systems. Anyone have any experience with this?

1642128239043.png

OP
OP
DatChief

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
Were there any cooling diagrams for differential?
I havent seen anything in the differential but I did find a diagram of the cooling system on the Q60 red sport and it seems the new Z is very beefed up in comparison. (Sorry if it's bad quality but it's all I've found so far)

ChargedAC.jpg

6bb6af99a47c3cefca9bf8747ebff121.png

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
One of the first mods should absolutely be the heat exchanger (orange highlighted in the front). Easy 50+whp just by changing that alone and tuning. AMS probably has the best heat exchanger for the Q50/60 platform. Of course installing intakes with this would be great too.
Although one thing I do notice is that it looks like the stock heat exchanger they have for the new Z is already bigger than the stock one in the Q50/60s. However, I'm sure aftermarket will still give great gains.

Here's a quick video of an install. You can compare it to the diagram.

OP
OP
DatChief

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
One of the first mods should absolutely be the heat exchanger (orange highlighted in the front). Easy 50+whp just by changing that alone and tuning. AMS probably has the best heat exchanger for the Q50/60 platform. Of course installing intakes with this would be great too.
Although one thing I do notice is that it looks like the stock heat exchanger they have for the new Z is already bigger than the stock one in the Q50/60s. However, I'm sure aftermarket will still give great gains.

Here's a quick video of an install. You can compare it to the diagram.

After watching that, it seems they've opted to double the amount of coolers and increase the size of those currently available

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
After watching that, it seems they've opted to double the amount of coolers and increase the size of those currently available
Yes and it's great because it means they've listened to feedback from both the 370Z and Q50/60 platforms. Cooling was an issue for both. I think they nipped that in the bud with the new Z. Also, better cooling and air flow likely means that the new Z could very well have higher WHP from factory than the Q Red Sports.

OP
OP
DatChief

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
Yes and it's great because it means they've listened to feedback from both the 370Z and Q50/60 platforms. Cooling was an issue for both. I think they nipped that in the bud with the new Z. Also, better cooling and air flow likely means that the new Z could very well have higher WHP from factory than the Q Red Sports.
I believe it was already confirmed to have slightly larger displacement so the 405hp they claimed for the Japanese market could be a little more universal then they're advertising

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe it was already confirmed to have slightly larger displacement so the 405hp they claimed for the Japanese market could be a little more universal then they're advertising
Well it's not 405HP it's 405PS which is the metric HP measurement. It equates to 400HP.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Curious if Nissan also upsized the reservoir tanks for the W2A intercooling.
Bigger aftermarket reservoir on the Infiniti was a huge improvement itself.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
The larger number was reported to be a typo, no increase in displacement for the 3.0L Z vs Q.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
By the time the Z comes out close to summer time we shall see if any track reviews bring up any ugly cooling problems. After all twin turbo FI do need to manage heat properly, critical.

Fingers crossed, keep updating this thread?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N