First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Since price of performance Z came in North of 50k been considering other alternatives.

Want opinions.

Can get a very low mileage C7 z51 nicely optioned with 7 speed manual for under 50k. I'm looking at one with 15k miles for 49k.

I know that's a 5 year old car. But I've driven one and they are crazy fast and handle very well.

Thoughts?

I also think the performance Z will need more $$ to make it real good. It will need exhaust and stickier tires at a minimum.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Since price of performance Z came in North of 50k been considering other alternatives.

Want opinions.

Can get a very low mileage C7 z51 nicely optioned with 7 speed manual for under 50k. I'm looking at one with 15k miles for 49k.

I know that's a 5 year old car. But I've driven one and they are crazy fast and handle very well.

Thoughts?

I also think the performance Z will need more $$ to make it real good. It will need exhaust and stickier tires at a minimum.
Depends if you want warranty. I've been doing the same. I watched Chris Harris's review of his old Lotus Exige and I went looking in Vancouver and can get one for around 60-65k but with 50k kms on it (30k miles) and probably no financing or not great and no warranty. I already own an older Porsche and when something goes wrong it hurts.

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Depends if you want warranty. I've been doing the same. I watched Chris Harris's review of his old Lotus Exige and I went looking in Vancouver and can get one for around 60-65k but with 50k kms on it (30k miles) and probably no financing or not great and no warranty. I already own an older Porsche and when something goes wrong it hurts.
The C7 is just a Chevy, it's not in the lotus category right?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
What year is the C7? If memory serves, the first two years had a couple of recalls.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Must say the new Corvettes are great looking / performing machines, almost Ferrari like !!

I just really love the Zee, I have my 2007 350z HR and every time I get out of it I always look over my shoulder and admire her beauty.
I Know It's Shallow To Be In Love With An Inanimate Object But I Kinda Am! Can't Explain It Other Than I Just Love My Car.

I'm positive when I get my (The) New Z the love affair will continue.

I guess what I'm saying is "If You Can't Find Ms. Right Go After Ms. Right Now"

But as for me, I'm sticking with true love . . .

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The C7 is just a Chevy, it's not in the lotus category right?
Yeah its just a Chevy for sure. But I've heard there are Corvette specific parts that are expensive. The Lotus was just me thinking about M/r/rs. right now! haha.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Must say the new Corvettes are great looking / performing machines, almost Ferrari like !!

I just really love the Zee, I have my 2007 350z HR and every time I get out of it I always look over my shoulder and admire her beauty.
I Know It's Shallow To Be In Love With An Inanimate Object But I Kinda Am! Can't Explain It Other Than I Just Love My Car.

I'm positive when I get my (The) New Z the love affair will continue.

I guess what I'm saying is "If You Can't Find Ms. Right Go After Ms. Right Now"

But as for me, I'm sticking with true love . . .
I used to do the same with my '14 370Z Roadster. Black. Stillenized. H&R coilovers. Lowered, Invidia blue tips. I had a loft with private parking garage and every time I got out of it I'd look back and think...damn!

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
It’s a great alternative. If you want the v8 sound and feel.. then a used C7 or I’d suggest RC-F are great alternatives to the Z around the same price. I personally want to get into my first turbocharged car.

A lot of great cars at the price point. Just have to weigh new vs used, 2 seater?, manual?, NA?

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I used to do the same with my '14 370Z Roadster. Black. Stillenized. H&R coilovers. Lowered, Invidia blue tips. I had a loft with private parking garage and every time I got out of it I'd look back and think...damn!
Good to know I'm not the only one, LoL!

Nothing beats the feeling of having Zero regrets every time you jump out of the car . . .

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Vettes are amazing machines. I will be looking for a used ZR1 3-4 years old in near future. It will replace my '16 911.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My opinion... for some reason, in my mind, the Z has kind of been a Japanese Vette.
I think a C7 is better in many ways:

Surprisingly good MPGs
Relatively reliable
Roomier hatch area
Basic performance is surprisingly good

I also like the C5 and C6.

If you have a mullet, it's a good match for the Z and the Vette.

However, the price of used vehicles is ridiculous.
If we were in normal times, you might see Z's for slightly under MSRP, the new C8 causing used C7s to depreciate a bit more, and the choice between them easier to make.

You may not like the MSRP of the new Z, but if possible to get a Z without ADM I'd choose it over an over-valued used car. Any of them.