First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a42358903/2023-performance-car-of-the-year/

quote from article:

" A tad quicker at 1:33.4 was the new Nissan Z. Sure, it has 400 hp, but it’s also more eager to slide than the Subaru. That’s great for smiles but bad for lap times. Alas, early in our testing, the Z’s suspension suffered damage after hitting a curb on Monticello’s tight switchback after the straight. Every other car hit that curb repeatedly for two full days without a problem, but it put the Z out of the competition almost before it started. "

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Ouch! Ouch! For those planning to track it, definitely susp, brake and tire upgrades needed. Not a good showing here.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
you know i was working on a altima coupe which hit something on the track it cracked the rear cup that holds the spring in half i wonder if it was the same thing

CC574CCC-BC83-4727-ABD0-C57A48939BF7.jpeg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
mixed feelings on the failure as in one regard yes its a bad look but this is the same suspension basically since 2009 so tried and true. could be a one off failure that is just part of tracking. I remember at I believe it was lighting lap at VIR where a 370z had a brake failure ( overheat) during the lap.

im more concerned it was the 2nd slowest car there. slower than the GR and Type R not surprised but slower than the elantra? man NISMO cant come soon enough. but will it be enough as the first two cars beat it by a couple seconds

I plan to use mine mainly for AutoX and maybe 2-3 track days a year. I wasnt trying to change much right out of the box either. :confused:

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I plan to use mine mainly for AutoX and maybe 2-3 track days a year. I wasnt trying to change much right out of the box either. :confused:
After addressing, tires, brakes, fluids right away, I plan on baselines at track/circuit events here, 5-7 per year - Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, etc. Later coilovers, aero, but engine mods last. Want to see how this thing handles with best suspension and tires which I'm sure won't be as twitchy as the Supra.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a42387087/2023-toyota-gr-supra-3-0-lightning-lap-2023/

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
im more concerned it was the 2nd slowest car there. slower than the GR and Type R not surprised but slower than the elantra? man NISMO cant come soon enough. but will it be enough as the first two cars beat it by a couple seconds
Yeah, that's no good.

The new Z is being made to look a bit more like a punchline with nearly every objective test. Now, from a subjective perspective, we've all seen comparisons wherein it is the preferred vehicle, even when it's seldom better in any measurable way.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
This is truly embarrassing for Nissan after all the other press they've been getting around this car.

If I were them, I'd have a replacement car out there ASAP to at least get them to test it. They broke it and it sat out the entirety of the rest of the comparison.

What a disastrous launch this car has had.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
mixed feelings on the failure as in one regard yes its a bad look but this is the same suspension basically since 2009 so tried and true. could be a one off failure that is just part of tracking. I remember at I believe it was lighting lap at VIR where a 370z had a brake failure ( overheat) during the lap.

Seems many parts need to be replaced to get
It just “right”. Hence, why Nissan should’ve dropped the price. Clearly, you need to heavily mod the car

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

The Elantra N drives quite well.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
First modification I did to my new Z was suspension - I put MCA Reds in it, and it is now a completely different animal.
Still plenty easy to floor it and have some fun, but it is far more compliant when you want it to be.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
First modification I did to my new Z was suspension - I put MCA Reds in it, and it is now a completely different animal.
Still plenty easy to floor it and have some fun, but it is far more compliant when you want it to be.
I got the Michelin PS4S then gotta tint it. After that for sure I’m doing suspension. What other options are there for coil overs?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I got the Michelin PS4S then gotta tint it. After that for sure I’m doing suspension. What other options are there for coil overs?
I'm sure there are a few- MCA commented that the 370z catalog they had was a direct fitment for the '23 Z.

I just really like MCA's product. They even had the Golds available, but I won't be tracking it enough to justify.

Oh, I also recommend Stanceparts Air Cups- with a 1" drop I was scraping the front lip on everything. 2" lift using the air cups made it easier to clear obstacles than stock!

Pic attached shows front lifted +1" over stock and back -1" under stock.

PXL_20221222_042214282.MP.jpg