Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Seems many parts need to be replaced to get
It just “right”. Hence, why Nissan should’ve dropped the price. Clearly, you need to heavily mod the car
People kept thinking I was crazy when I repeatedly said $50k for a performance was entirely too much for what we're getting, and that all these upgrades needed to get it even just equal to its competition should've been included in the price.

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just realised, they didn't specify which part of suspension failed. The Z's suspension is so soft that I bet R&T bottomed out the front suspension so hard on that curb that they've blown the front shocks.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I just realised, they didn't specify which part of suspension failed. The Z's suspension is so soft that I bet R&T bottomed out the front suspension so hard on that curb that they've blown the front shocks.
Probably, but still should not happen. It's normal to ride curbs to maximize times at any track, a brand new car should not have these crippling issues, totally disappointed.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
it’s all fun and games until you see that sh!t at your local gas station. Sorry to those into that look…actually…no I’m not.
At least this picture represents proper suspension setup.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The Elantra N drives quite well.
Can confirm. I'm itching to get mine out to an autocross. It's been years since I've killed cones. Track time will be next, but need to knock the rust off.

On topic, this...sucks. This launch has been a textbook example of Murphy's Law—anything that can go wrong HAS gone wrong.