Z and Tall Drivers / Is the Z easier to get in and out of?

HTK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
Hi everyone,

I'm really taking a liking to the new Nissan Z, however as someone that's been around a lot of autoshows the reality sets in quickly for us tall folks when it comes to headroom.

Any tall drivers in this community that have driven these smaller type sports cars and does the Z design allow for taller folks to enjoy a vehicle like this? I'm about 6'4".

Thank you.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Hi everyone,

I'm really taking a liking to the new Nissan Z, however as someone that's been around a lot of autoshows the reality sets in quickly for us tall folks when it comes to headroom.

Any tall drivers in this community that have driven these smaller type sports cars and does the Z design allow for taller folks to enjoy a vehicle like this? I'm about 6'4".

Thank you.
I'm worried about that with the new Z as well, being 6'2 ish. The steering wheel on the previous model doesn't appear to telescope. If the one on the new Z doesn't as well then I know I won't be able to fit comfortably and I'll be super disappointed.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I fit in the 370z fine and I'm 6'3 so I imagine we won't have to worry since it's practically the same in the New Z. The steering wheel was able to be adjusted as well so again I think we'll be fine... hopefully it would totally be a bummer if they messed this up.

Edit: My legs are super long at least that's what people tell me so maybe if your height comes more from a tall torso it could be struggle with head room but I don't think so.

OP
OP
HTK

HTK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
Yeah, I saw Raiti's Rides YouTube video on the new Z, and he's 6 feet tall I believe, seemed to fit just fine with some spare headroom.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Look at the seats in the Z Proto and in the spy shots. They are *identical* to the 370Z. Unless the power rack (and note the familiar switches) is more restrictive in some way, which is doubtful, you'll have the exact same experience.
If you are going to do HPDE, check your helmet in a 370Z.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I can't fit in the 370 because the steering wheel doesn't telescope so my legs were too cramped. Hoping they fixed this issue on the new Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I can't fit in the 370 because the steering wheel doesn't telescope so my legs were too cramped. Hoping they fixed this issue on the new Z.
Being a small female...not something I have to worry about.
But one of the latest looks at the proto seems to imply you won’t have an issue as the guy reviewing was 6.5

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Are they the ones with the sunroof? I was told the ones without have like an extra inch of head room.
yeah that's right.
my tt is hardtop, my widebody has a sunroof. getting in and out is the problem. once i'm seated....i'm good.

although my wife once remarked the car is so small it looked like a gorilla was driving my fd... lol

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I’m getting up there. The vette is near the ground and the Supra I hit my head on the roof. I wonder how the seat height of the z compares to the Supra actually since I have t seen the z yet ?