World Premiere of All-New Toyota Prius in Japan

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I like how there's a thread about the new Prius on this forum but no thread about the new Impreza 😂.
Impreza who?

I wonder if Subaru got the memo that the new Prius is faster and more powerful?

What's really interesting is how the Prius is getting fairly unanimous praise from people on an enthusiast forum.....

Anyway, I saw the new Impreza.
Cool that it's a hatchback only, but the WRX is still sedan...... weird.......
2.5RS is back, interesting.
Interior is hideous....
Exterior somehow looks better than the WRX
2.0 is still underpowered, my wife's Corolla hatchback will smoke it. Lame. Oh, and the Prius will smoke it too, double lame.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Impreza who?

What's really interesting is how the Prius is getting fairly unanimous praise from people on an enthusiast forum.....

Interior is hideous....
2.0 is still underpowered, my wife's Corolla hatchback will smoke it. Lame. Oh, and the Prius will smoke it too, double lame.
It's because there are a lot of closet Prius fans. Hopefully that's okay to say in 2022...Now that they make it look presentable, everyone rejoices!!

But seriously, I've always appreciated the Prius. If I commuted a lot it would be my #1 pick I think. I care more about function over form. My daily is a Honda Ridgeline after all 😂

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It's because there are a lot of closet Prius fans. Hopefully that's okay to say in 2022...Now that they make it look presentable, everyone rejoices!!

But seriously, I've always appreciated the Prius. If I commuted a lot it would be my #1 pick I think. I care more about function over form. My daily is a Honda Ridgeline after all 😂
I actually thought that the previous 2 Prius gens were decent.

It's the recent Gen that became weird looking. I rented one earlier this year, thought I would hate it, but it was completely tolerable.
Drove around Florida for a week, only took 5.6 gallons.

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Impreza who?

Interior is hideous....
Yep, Subaru just keeps getting more and more lame, they're fugly, underpowered, slow AF, doesn't handle all that well, drink fuel like crazy and overall feel like they're at least a generation behind the top competitors.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
Yep, Subaru just keeps getting more and more lame, they're fugly, underpowered, slow AF, doesn't handle all that well, drink fuel like crazy and overall feel like they're at least a generation behind the top competitors.
Yeah, things have changed a lot in the last 10 years. My first Outback was a 2013. At the time, finding something that was AWD, got 30+ mpg, had good ground clearance, and actually seated 4 adults was more challenging. But the industry has moved toward Subaru since then. How many C/SUVs do we have that now have AWD, good fuel economy, increased ground clearance, and aren't punishing to sit in?

Despite basically selling the same car but in different sizes, the Subaru lineup is a lot better in some places than others. The new Outback XT is good against a lot of competition. The Crosstrek has more power and better fuel economy than the new HR-V. There are some other good options. But the Impreza is only good if you can get it cheap. The Impreza RS is a complete waste without a manual. And the Legacy . . . I just don't understand who they're going after with that. May as well just get an Outback at that point.

This new Prius is a homerun. Devastates a lot of the competition.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
We're on our third Outback now ('03, '04, '10), and the quality has definitely dropped. Dropped like one of the valves did in the right head of my '10.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We're on our third Outback now ('03, '04, '10), and the quality has definitely dropped. Dropped like one of the valves did in the right head of my '10.
My wife was a devoted subie fan. The 2008 Impreza we bought new developed a gnarly oil leak out of the driver's side head gasket at 42k miles.

No more Subaru for us.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Seriously considering this gorgeous Prius! Great improvement in design and execution!