Will this car be forever known as "400Z"?

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Even after Nissan took the covers off of the Z, people are still calling it 400Z. You go on Youtube, IG, Facebook etc. 400Z everywhere, and what's even more sadder is that fact that some dealers are still calling it as such. ?‍♀ Like where did this crap even come from? It was pretty much common sense that Nissan was going to use the VR30 under the hood. If they were going to stick to tradition of naming the Z after the displacement; then shouldn't all the rumor mills have started with 300Z? ?‍♀

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
Seems to have already largely lost that monicker.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
I forgot which one but there was a youtuber that said he knows it's just Nissan Z but he's going to keep titling all his videos 400Z because that's how he's able to get the views and clicks.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The New Z wants the history of the model line with the styling, but not the common name. Maybe, this is the last one...

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
The fake news was probably bored and needed clicks.
You hit the nail on the head. All of this 400Z nonsense began when Autoguide published an article claiming Nissan Canada had trademarked 400Z. This hot garbage was then later regurgitated on that other Z forum to which they also own. After that it spread like wildfire onto the web.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I forgot which one but there was a youtuber that said he knows it's just Nissan Z but he's going to keep titling all his videos 400Z because that's how he's able to get the views and clicks.
This guy?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The New Z wants the history of the model line with the styling, but not the common name. Maybe, this is the last one...
with how long nissan keeps a model in production with little to no change, i don't doubt it will be the last one.

they may end up building an ev version of this model, but at least the z in ice form, will go out in style...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
This guy?

ive seen a couple of his vid in the past. i don't know who he is, but he gave off the impression that he is a "big deal" and expert in the z community