Will Dealers Markup The Z?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We pay 10.25% sale tax after July 1st, and I thought it has to be the highest in USA.
Now I know.
We are reaching a point were we've out-California'd-California. Except people still drive slow and clog the left lane up here. My wife and I kinda joke we're gonna move to California to escape the high cost of living here AND get some better weather....but I think we're getting closer to it not being a joke!

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
23 min in, my guy from Z1 SHREDS this dude and his "allocation" nonsense - someone call McDonalds, because bah duh bah bah bahhhh, I'm lovin' it

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Kind of sad, all these speculations and we won't know anything until Spring, ugh!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
judging by the hype of the new 2023 Nissan Z, dealerships will overcharge $5-10k. Spoke to my inside guys at Nissan they confirmed a $10k mark-up from MSRP on release date.
at launch the zupr4 had 10-30k mark-ups riding the coattails of the legendary mkiv...and most supra owners were not fans if it.

i'm afraid that with the new z having a largely positive reception and a rabid fanbase, the markups will be well over the 5k mark...even more if it ends up being the zupr4 killer folks are hoping for...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
ADMs are just the standard now unless Nissan explicitly states to dealers that they will not get "allocations" if they add markups. But, seeing how some Nissan dealers are doing right now, it is very doubtful that the the restriction would be put into place. Plus, the trick that Chevrolet dealers are using right now to markup their "new'" cars (put cars with <1k miles as used, but price them higher then New since there aren't any new allocations available).

The hype surrounding this vehicle is 100% going to guarantee the ADM, unless this chip shortage dissipates by the time we get the cars rolling to dealers (post initial Spring release, going more into Summer).

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Speaking of chip shortages.....
China is thumping it's chest over the recent quagmire the US created in Afghanistan, and threatening to invade Taiwan. Taiwan makes a significant number of chips for the automotive industry. If the worst happened, you won't even see cars being built.

I'm sorry for touching on politics on a car forum, but that situation is also a severe threat.
I gotta admit I'm selfishly hoping the pandemic supply issues correct in 2022 and that China holds off until I get my Z without ADM.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Speaking of chip shortages.....
China is thumping it's chest over the recent quagmire the US created in Afghanistan, and threatening to invade Taiwan. Taiwan makes a significant number of chips for the automotive industry. If the worst happened, you won't even see cars being built.

I'm sorry for touching on politics on a car forum, but that situation is also a severe threat.
I gotta admit I'm selfishly hoping the pandemic supply issues correct in 2022 and that China holds off until I get my Z without ADM.
Wouldn’t stress about that, they have been giving Australia a hard time for months…we didn’t give in and neither should Taiwan. Stuck to our guns, and have combated almost everything they tried
They would be foolish to attack in the current climate

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I just hope Nissan doesn't take into consideration this effed situation where ADMs have persisted for over a year, and raise MSRP significantly on what really is a nearly 20 year old chassis