First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'm just worried about dealer markups. Anyway, I really want the Nismo but I know that car will be $50k+ easily and will probably be out of my price range. I'm good with the base/sport just as long as it's reasonable. $42k+ and we're talking Mustang GT territory.

Interesting that you put the GR86 and BRZ there because I'm eyeing those as well....incase the Z is priced at ridiculous levels. At the end of the day I want the Z!! But I have backup plans just in case.
you make some great points. prob wouldn't get another 'stang, but a boosted brz/frs/86 are on my radar now if things don't pan out.

On Aug 17 maybe we find out they've upgraded the engine- design changes, more than 400 hp, etc. I might pay more for that. But $45k is my limit, and no markups. If Nissan is watching this forum, we might all want to be saying stuff like, "I expect a $35k base price, no markups, or I'm buying a _______! (Insert a different maker) LoL
buying a toyota or subaru...possibly another mazda will be the next car. that's if I don't stumble across good deal on an r32 or r33 or gsx or a...

in other words, hurry up nissan...and keep it cheap!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah I guess at the end of the day it depends on what’s included for that money…

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so if what the coo just said about the z base starting at 40k instead of 35k turn out to be valid, is it gonna affect your decision to buy one now? will you settle for a lower trim or wait for a used one?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
so if what the coo just said about the z base starting at 40k instead of 35k turn out to be valid, is it gonna affect your decision to buy one now? will you settle for a lower trim or wait for a used one?
It won't affect my decision. Still going with a Nismo so long that it's 6MT, and still buying brand new.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
It won't affect my decision. Still going with a Nismo so long that it's 6MT, and still buying brand new.
thats great...
but at what price-point will be too much for you?

pakmanz35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Infiniti G37xS
I think I'm going to wait for a used one in a year or two with sport pack. Not saying $40K for base is a bad price, but if the used market corrects by next spring, then you can pick up great performance cars for $40K such as F82 M4 and C7 corvette stingray.

if it was $35K base, then 5K for the sport pack I would buy new, but if market doesn't correct it should be a good price.

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Nope, still going with the Nismo. The brz/ gr86 could be a good option for those that need something cheaper. I'm expecting the Nismo to be about 55k max and I'm good with that.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Nope, still going with the Nismo. The brz/ gr86 could be a good option for those that need something cheaper.
again thats great...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
thats great...
Just so long that nobody blames me for the price :D

If they are really pricing their cars based on what one person says on a forum, then they are in worse trouble than we know lol

I said I was hoping for $55k max on the Nismo. If it comes loaded to the max, then I'm still there at $60k. Beyond that is where I guess I start to think about waiting and settling for a preowned, or revisit for a possible facelift model in a few years.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

If they are really pricing their cars based on what one person says on a forum, then they are in worse trouble than we know lol

I said I was hoping for $55k max on the Nismo. If it comes loaded to the max, then I'm still there at $60k. Beyond that is where I guess I start to think about waiting and settling for a preowned, or revisit for a possible facelift model in a few years.
got to thinking about a facelift model...it could be smart to wait a couple years for all the excitement to settle down, prices to stabilize and bugs to get worked out...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

I doubt the Nissan will take the Nismo over $55k, if anything, they'll make a $50k manual version & $52k for Auto seeing how adamant Alfonso was regarding pricing below the Supra for the Performance/Sport versions on Moto-man's interview. It would make sense that if those two models are below supra pricing, then Nismo would be at or slightly above 3.0 premium supra territory. I'm pretty sure we'll see pricing in next couple of months.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I doubt the Nissan will take the Nismo over $55k, if anything, they'll make a $50k manual version & $52k for Auto seeing how adamant Alfonso was regarding pricing below the Supra for the Performance/Sport versions on Moto-man's interview. It would make sense that if those two models are below supra pricing, then Nismo would be at or slightly above 3.0 premium supra territory. I'm pretty sure we'll see pricing in next couple of months.
can you post. a link here to that interview?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
It's interesting in that I've seen a few posts guessing that the Nismo will be around or slightly over $50K. While I hope that's true, I'd be very surprised if that was the case. The base 370z was $30K. The new base is $40K. Old 370z Nismo was around $46-$47K. Let's guess that Nissan decides to add carbon fiber, GT-R brakes, more HP/torque...that's really only going to be like $5K or $6K more?

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I'm good with either a base or performance.

Buy January-March and go with the lowest price possible when you do. It cost me $6xx to have my 5.0 shipped from about 14 hours away. I use to sell cars and I'm getting a good price on whatever I buy next.