Why the long delay in pricing?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
This was my thought, also - placing the Performance trim so close to the base 3.0 Supra destroys the "value proposition" angle since the are very similar packages.
Having said that, someone on another thread pointed out that these prices include a 10% tax, so it could be more like $45k, which would be easier to justify.
Yeah the 10% tax forgot about that so that would put it at 45k would be great

OP
OP
Go2ZZZ

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
@Go2ZZZ I am not a fan of making assumptions, however it would not surprise me. Would probably be worth you and any other Neighbor to the North to contact dealer y'all have reservations through and ask.

Then again, considering how aggressively Nissan buried the lede in this presser, they probably don't know any more than we do.

OP
OP
Go2ZZZ

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
@Go2ZZZ I am not a fan of making assumptions, however it would not surprise me. Would probably be worth you and any other Neighbor to the North to contact dealer y'all have reservations through and ask.

Then again, considering how aggressively Nissan buried the lede in this presser, they probably don't know any more than we do.
Man, if it’s gonna come out august I’m cancelling and getting my money back.
I order it again later when it can come out earlier in spring 23 then. I don’t plan on driving in the winter. I would only have it for 1-2 months before storing. Not happy if it’s august

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Man, if it’s gonna come out august I’m cancelling and getting my money back.
I order it again later when it can come out earlier in spring 23 then. I don’t plan on driving in the winter. I would only have it for 1-2 months before storing. Not happy if it’s august
Yeah i dont blame you, this release has been horrible.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I feel Nissan is way too hung up on the Airya, like an autistic person hyper focused on one thing. Nissan needs to shelve the Airya temporarily and focus on core products, just like Toyota is doing. You don't even hear about the damned Prius anymore, let alone any Toyota BEV. They're too busy slinging Tundras, RAV4s, Tacomas, 4Rs, GR86, etc to get hung up on BEV during pandemic supply chain disruptions.

I would reckon that the Airya is 3-4x more tech intensive than the Frontier and Z, and likely 2x more tech intensive than the Rogues. They need to focus on moving BUILDABLE vehicles.
Just wanted to further bash on Nissan's determination with the Ariya....

Since Biden signed in the new EV bill, the Ariya now loses its $7500 tax credit.

Difficult to produce, and now going to be very uncompetitive without the $7500 EV credit.
I said it from the beginning, Nissan should have shelved the Ariya until a more clear future appeared. Instead, they tried to release it before the Z.

Oh, and Toyota tried to sell a BEV and the wheels literally fell off of it. That's what you get for trying too hard during a pandemic