Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
It'll be great if they can shoehorn the R35 mill into the Nismo Z, of course make it RWD, like my RB is now. I'd be willing to wait for that, even touching $60K max if comes with Brembos and adj susp.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
It'll be great if they can shoehorn the R35 mill into the Nismo Z, of course make it RWD, like my RB is now. I'd be willing to wait for that, even touching $60K max if comes with Brembos and adj susp.
It ok to dream..But that's wishful thinking...I will be the first one to trade my r35 in for one. ?

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
A lot of people mention the supra but another car in this competition is the Mustang gt and imo anything over 50k cad for performance trim is a mistake by Nissan. I can get a performance packed 5.0 with magna ride with a ton of options available for around that and they need to try and compete in that market

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
That super bowl commercial was worthless. Doesn’t even say the name of the car as the very least. Worst 7 million they could have spent
To me that is because it was actually an Ariya advert that just has teasers of the Z and was not really ever meant to be an advert for the Z.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
To me that is because it was actually an Ariya advert that just has teasers of the Z and was not really ever meant to be an advert for the Z.
If what you're saying is true, the action-pack story line doesn't represent the technology of an electric car-- there's no combustion/explosion in an EV!

I think that ad is primarily for the Z w/ driving excitement.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Why bother having the Z in it at all then?
If what you're saying is true, the action-pack story line doesn't represent the technology of an electric car-- there's no combustion/explosion in an EV!

I think that ad is primarily for the Z w/ driving excitement.
As I said to me it was a teaser for the Z not an advert for it per se as no further information has been provided for it. The information for the Ariya is already out with pricing etc known for it thus people can actually order one knowing how much it will cost and actually buy it.

The commercial finishes with a close up of the Ariya badge, there was no focus on showing any Z badge that I could see in the ad despite it being primarily in the ad thus to me was more a teaser.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
The ad was well received from everything that I read last night after it aired and this morning. Websites I saw that rank best/worst ads considered it one of the best. It also generated the most buzz as of yesterday morning so I'm sure Nissan is fine with the result.

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-trending-super-bowl-2022-commercials-ads-2022-2

In the disclaimers it mentions 2023 Z and 2023 ARIYA and if you know where to look you'll spot Z badging a couple times and the Ariya badge at the end. Some people just saw the car for the first time last night and will instantly recognize it as a new Z while others will not. I'm sure the Nissan USA website had a lot of traffic after the airing, and the first thing you see is the Z & Ariya/link to the ad. From there you can find out all information currently available on both cars.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The ad was well received from everything that I read last night after it aired and this morning. Websites I saw that rank best/worst ads considered it one of the best. It also generated the most buzz as of yesterday morning so I'm sure Nissan is fine with the result.

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-trending-super-bowl-2022-commercials-ads-2022-2

In the disclaimers it mentions 2023 Z and 2023 ARIYA and if you know where to look you'll spot Z badging a couple times and the Ariya badge at the end. Some people just saw the car for the first time last night and will instantly recognize it as a new Z while others will not. I'm sure the Nissan USA website had a lot of traffic after the airing, and the first thing you see is the Z & Ariya/link to the ad. From there you can find out all information currently available on both cars.
Same with coverage this morning, too - https://www.hagerty.com/media/enter...l-car-ads-touchdowns-field-goals-and-fumbles/

Hagerty used a screenshot from the commercial for the lead image and it was first up in getting kudos

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
It was a joke. The newer ones have been getting better.

They even have the steering wheel on the correct side now too. ;)

Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
lol i was about to say tell me you havnt been in a new mustang without telling me you havent ...lol, i was talking to my buddy about the lap times the mach 1 put up slightly better number than his gt350R