What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
My wife was telling me about these events recently and I told her I knew about it a year ago. But what I didn't realized the magnitude of the situation and how bad looting has increasing in trend. It's likely results of misguided compassion policies.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My wife was telling me about these events recently and I told her I knew about it a year ago. But what I didn't realized the magnitude of the situation and how bad looting has increasing in trend. It's likely results of misguided compassion policies.
Many businesses in the Seattle area are very concerned they may lose their insurance coverage:
https://komonews.com/news/local/bus...ing-insurance-coverage-after-repeat-break-ins

Bigger companies are self-insured and can absorb losses and pass the cost on. Smaller business rely on insurance, and if they lose it they will be out of business within a month.

Here in Seattle, the situation has devolved so badly. We don't have flash looting, but we have a slow, consistent theft problem that is wearing local businesses thin. I work in Seattle, and sometime around 2014-15 things began to take a noticeable downturn. The place is almost unrecognizable now.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Many businesses in the Seattle area are very concerned they may lose their insurance coverage:
https://komonews.com/news/local/bus...ing-insurance-coverage-after-repeat-break-ins

Bigger companies are self-insured and can absorb losses and pass the cost on. Smaller business rely on insurance, and if they lose it they will be out of business within a month.

Here in Seattle, the situation has devolved so badly. We don't have flash looting, but we have a slow, consistent theft problem that is wearing local businesses thin. I work in Seattle, and sometime around 2014-15 things began to take a noticeable downturn. The place is almost unrecognizable now.
The only time I’ve seen looting in Australia is during our big bush fires, and mostly on people’s homes not business ( even worse) it lasted for a day or two before the coppers went on a rampage.

Where I live in WA I don’t think I have ever seen it…and hope I never do

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Team US won't be going to China.