What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
There's a reason the 2A comes second only to the 1A.
The point is that the second shouldn’t have been second. It was lower on the list (4th or so). It was by virtue that other proposed amendments didn’t make it into the bill of rights that it is second.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Meanwhile someone is still buying our coal?‍♀
Believe it’s India, and China are having mass black outs because they can’t power their own country.
There was also a huge back door entry, with huge amounts of Aus imports going to Zhong Kong snd then being push on into China…
They just shut down that route for our Crayfish ( like a lobster) but that’s not essential …

Pretty sure we are mining magnesium too now, one company is even extracting it from waste water
Australia is still shipping coal to Chinese ports, it's being held in trust until the government decides to pay for it. Until then, no coal for the mainland. And don't think they don't know what they're doing. The CCP does not mind hurting itself a bit to accomplish something. They know they are causing serious disruption to Western societies, and that's worth the cause.
It's also why they intentionally unleashed COVID into the world, disruption. And to anyone who wants to shill for the Chinese and accuse my statement of being "racist" just consider why China has never allowed any nation to investigate the origins of COVID

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...an-coal-combat-power-crunch-trade-2021-10-05/

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Australia is still shipping coal to Chinese ports, it's being held in trust until the government decides to pay for it. Until then, no coal for the mainland. And don't think they don't know what they're doing. The CCP does not mind hurting itself a bit to accomplish something. They know they are causing serious disruption to Western societies, and that's worth the cause.
It's also why they intentionally unleashed COVID into the world, disruption. And to anyone who wants to shill for the Chinese and accuse my statement of being "racist" just consider why China has never allowed any nation to investigate the origins of COVID

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...an-coal-combat-power-crunch-trade-2021-10-05/
Chinese, Chinese-American, and CCP are different groups of people. You're saying it right but the online conversation is so binary that you have to be radical. So you should say CCP instead of China or Chinese.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Chinese, Chinese-American, and CCP are different groups of people. You're saying it right but the online conversation is so binary that you have to be radical. So you should say CCP instead of China or Chinese.
Totally agree, however, most people won't care that a discussion parses the difference between government and people, and they'll just take the cheap shots anyways

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The point is that the second shouldn’t have been second. It was lower on the list (4th or so). It was by virtue that other proposed amendments didn’t make it into the bill of rights that it is second.
Or, the 2A is exactly where it is on purpose, not because other amendments didn't make the cut.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It’s crazy..legate I don’t get is why are prop guns capable of killing someone, I mean they shoot people in purpose, you’d think they would be harmless blanks, or nothing with the sound added later ?‍♀
I think prop guns are usually real guns, and it's up to the special effects staff to be sure the gun is loaded with special effects rounds.

I think with Brandon Lee somehow a live round ended up mixed in with special effects rounds. Foul play? Ignorance?

Oddly, as much as Hollywood elites say "guns are bad", the movies they make feature some of the nicest gun models (as if general audience would know a nice gun from lower end models) and I guess they figure for realism and cost effectiveness it's just more practical to use real guns with (hopefully) fake ammo.

BTW, it must've been a fairly powerful round (if it was only one, maybe he shot several?) As it killed the lady behind the camera and seriously injured a second person.

I don't understand how that can happen, someone is responsible for it

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
This is indeed a sad story!

I am curious to discover why a prop gun was fired in the direction of the director and cinematographer. I could see firing in the direction of another actor, or even towards a camera/cameraperson.
I think prop guns are usually real guns, and it's up to the special effects staff to be sure the gun is loaded with special effects rounds.

I think with Brandon Lee somehow a live round ended up mixed in with special effects rounds. Foul play? Ignorance?

Oddly, as much as Hollywood elites say "guns are bad", the movies they make feature some of the nicest gun models (as if general audience would know a nice gun from lower end models) and I guess they figure for realism and cost effectiveness it's just more practical to use real guns with (hopefully) fake ammo.

BTW, it must've been a fairly powerful round (if it was only one, maybe he shot several?) As it killed the lady behind the camera and seriously injured a second person.

I don't understand how that can happen, someone is responsible for it
At a minimum, this appears to be negligence. Assuming the gun was being fired towards the camera for dramatic effect, there should have been some sort of bulletproof partition protecting the people, especially since there have been previous incidents involving prop guns.