What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
This is one big fish.

This is why being a scientists isn’t such a bad gig.

unless you study botflies. Lookup botfly on YouTube. Wait, DON’T

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Kinda late but the Texas Firearm Carry Act of 2021 is basically an expansion of the current gun carry laws, allowing anyone 21yrs or older (of clean record) to carry (concealed or holstered) w/o a permit. The conceal carry license program is still active and useful. There are two unique provisions that allow individuals to negotiate easier to get their guns back immediately at the scene (e.g. at a shooting scene).

Bunch of other provisions added to the existing gun carrying laws.
I’m not pro or anti guns.
I’m only pro freedom to travel.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
P
people are questioning…just they still try to enforce it.
I’m not pro or anti guns.
I’m only pro freedom to travel.
What I meant was that the idea of individual sovereignty is unique to Americans, a different flavor of constitutional frame work from British common laws. We fought to be independent and revised the British common law. The contract between govt and people is called the Bill of Rights. Basically, we pushed the GB out and allowed individuals to fight civilly (i.e. Free of Speech/Press) or forcefully to carry gun to fend off any sort of coercions. This is the foundation of how gov't and individuals interact.

Canada and Aussie did not make any revolutionary change from the British common law. E.g. The US President is much different than GB, Canada, or Aussie PMs. The symbol of the people (i.e. Head of State) and head of gov't are rested on the US President. Alternatively, y'all got the two roles split into two different figures, Monarchy and PM.

The 1st and 2nd rights are crucial to balance the power from potential dictatorship of the gov't (lead by the President). At the very beginning, individuals have complete rights to fend themselves from any tyrannical maneuvers. I.e. Kinda like you--US gov't-- do your own thing and individuals can do our own things, too. The British system doesn't work like that, it's more of a top-down approach and you have to trust the British gov't you originally agreed that your gov't know the best.

The US constitution can can be boiled down to Dave Chapelle's comment:

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
What I meant was that the idea of individual sovereignty is unique to Americans, a different flavor of constitutional frame work from British common laws. We fought to be independent and revised the British common law. The contract between govt and people is called the Bill of Rights. Basically, we pushed the GB out and allowed individuals to fight civilly (i.e. Free of Speech/Press) or forcefully to carry gun to fend off any sort of coercions. This is the foundation of how gov't and individuals interact.

Canada and Aussie did not make any revolutionary change from the British common law. E.g. The US President is much different than GB, Canada, or Aussie PMs. The symbol of the people (i.e. Head of State) and head of gov't are rested on the US President. Alternatively, y'all got the two roles split into two different figures, Monarchy and PM.

The 1st and 2nd rights are crucial to balance the power from potential dictatorship of the gov't (lead by the President). At the very beginning, individuals have complete rights to fend themselves from any tyrannical maneuvers. I.e. Kinda like you--US gov't-- do your own thing and individuals can do our own things, too. The British system doesn't work like that, it's more of a top-down approach and you have to trust the British gov't you originally agreed that your gov't know the best.

The US constitution can can be boiled down to Dave Chapelle's comment:

Just to be clear, the US bill of rights borrowed heavily from the English bill of rights. Also, in its original form, the second amendment wasnt second (it was lower down on the list).

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Just to be clear, the US bill of rights borrowed heavily from the English bill of rights. Also, in its original form, the second amendment want second (it was lower down on the list).
Yep. My grammar isn't polished but yes that's what I meant, we used the British common law and "revised" it to make it unique to give the individuals more autonomy.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Fucking Florida. We can't have anything nice because we like to wrastle gators with trash cans.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yup, China got into a pissing match with Australia and stopped importing Australian coal. Most of the power in China is from coal, most of which is imported from Australia.
Meanwhile someone is still buying our coal?‍♀
Believe it’s India, and China are having mass black outs because they can’t power their own country.
There was also a huge back door entry, with huge amounts of Aus imports going to Zhong Kong snd then being push on into China…
They just shut down that route for our Crayfish ( like a lobster) but that’s not essential …

Pretty sure we are mining magnesium too now, one company is even extracting it from waste water