What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
They still think he's out and about at the Carlton Reserve.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I would not be surprised if he has already left the U.S.
They still think he's out and about at the Carlton Reserve.

it will be hard for him to hide...his pic and story is everywhere.

police apb probably reads...

be on the lookout for a guy that looks like 'a skinny james franco on meth'

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
It's easy
it will be hard for him to hide...his pic and story is everywhere.

police apb probably reads...

be on the lookout for a guy that looks like 'a skinny james franco on meth'
I think it's not as hard post-COVID to hide because of masking. My banks don't even ask me to remove my mask while checking my ID card. So I think he has a really good chance. The parents probably told him to lay low for X-amount of time before resurface to ride out the media and legal hunt.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
We can see how this affects Z pricing, not looking good. Rough road ahead.

"It's not just the chip shortage. Just about every industry ... is dealing with some kind of supply chain issue," said Cindy Jaudon, regional president for the Americas at IFS, a global enterprise software company. "Our ports are extremely full. Paint manufacturers are struggling with titanium dioxide. They layer on top of each other."
And there is little relief in sight.
"There really are no shock absorbers left in the industry right now when it comes to production or obtaining material," said Dan Hearsch, a managing director at AlixPartners. "Virtually any shortage or production interruption in any part of the world affects companies around the globe, and the impacts are now amplified due to all the other shortages. "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/business/auto-industry-supply-chain-problems/index.html

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We can see how this affects Z pricing, not looking good. Rough road ahead.

"It's not just the chip shortage. Just about every industry ... is dealing with some kind of supply chain issue," said Cindy Jaudon, regional president for the Americas at IFS, a global enterprise software company. "Our ports are extremely full. Paint manufacturers are struggling with titanium dioxide. They layer on top of each other."
And there is little relief in sight.
"There really are no shock absorbers left in the industry right now when it comes to production or obtaining material," said Dan Hearsch, a managing director at AlixPartners. "Virtually any shortage or production interruption in any part of the world affects companies around the globe, and the impacts are now amplified due to all the other shortages. "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/business/auto-industry-supply-chain-problems/index.html
A large manufacturer I work with was having the exterior of their facility repainted, it turned out to be a weird color because a certain tinting component is currently unavailable.

I have been hearing that tires are the next item to be in short supply

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
A large manufacturer I work with was having the exterior of their facility repainted, it turned out to be a weird color because a certain tinting component is currently unavailable.

I have been hearing that tires are the next item to be in short supply
A lot of supply chains are struggling right now and it's signaled by the collapsing of the Chinese Evergrande conglomerate. The pandemic is just a small part of the shortages and it's mostly blamed by the Chinese way of incrementally handling the accounting books in the last decades in an opaque manners. I don't blame them bc there are a lot of corruptions under the CCP.

Apparently people have been talking about it for along time and other countries like Japan, South Korean, Taiwan companies (Panasonic, Samsung, TSMC) have invested in US for manufacturing of electronic stuff.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
The Sheriff said it's an organized crime.... lol. I work with teens and I had to study the different forms of communications between the current and previous gen. I concluded that picking up the phone to talk to people is becoming a rare skill these days. Texting and social media is becoming the dominant form of communication and I think the rate of information to digest is just too much, especially for teens that's trying to figure out what this reality is.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Sheriff said it's an organized crime.... lol. I work with teens and I had to study the different forms of communications between the current and previous gen. I concluded that picking up the phone to talk to people is becoming a rare skill these days. Texting and social media is becoming the dominant form of communication and I think the rate of information to digest is just too much, especially for teens that's trying to figure out what this reality is.
Don’t know what happens in the US but in Aus the final day of the final year ( year 12) of high school, the kids usually run amoke. It got to the point where they were banning them from doing their final exams if they got caught doing anything bad ….so it’s mellowed a bit. Although this year my sons school made the local news paper after trying to sell the school. Took out an add in the paper, got one of the professional for sale boards made up and stick it out front of the school…was a very original idea, which did not harm…principle was impressed with their sale speal. ( talk about numerous his and her bathrooms ect)

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Last I heard they were searching right down the road from me at fort desoto.. easy access to a boat. Could be living on one with ease or on the move to Mexico
You should join in on the search. I think the reward is like $30k so far.