What's in the news today...

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
A large manufacturer I work with was having the exterior of their facility repainted, it turned out to be a weird color because a certain tinting component is currently unavailable.

I have been hearing that tires are the next item to be in short supply
A lot of supply chains are struggling right now and it's signaled by the collapsing of the Chinese Evergrande conglomerate. The pandemic is just a small part of the shortages and it's mostly blamed by the Chinese way of incrementally handling the accounting books in the last decades in an opaque manners. I don't blame them bc there are a lot of corruptions under the CCP.

Apparently people have been talking about it for along time and other countries like Japan, South Korean, Taiwan companies (Panasonic, Samsung, TSMC) have invested in US for manufacturing of electronic stuff.

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
The Sheriff said it's an organized crime.... lol. I work with teens and I had to study the different forms of communications between the current and previous gen. I concluded that picking up the phone to talk to people is becoming a rare skill these days. Texting and social media is becoming the dominant form of communication and I think the rate of information to digest is just too much, especially for teens that's trying to figure out what this reality is.

West Aussie

Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Sheriff said it's an organized crime.... lol. I work with teens and I had to study the different forms of communications between the current and previous gen. I concluded that picking up the phone to talk to people is becoming a rare skill these days. Texting and social media is becoming the dominant form of communication and I think the rate of information to digest is just too much, especially for teens that's trying to figure out what this reality is.
Don’t know what happens in the US but in Aus the final day of the final year ( year 12) of high school, the kids usually run amoke. It got to the point where they were banning them from doing their final exams if they got caught doing anything bad ….so it’s mellowed a bit. Although this year my sons school made the local news paper after trying to sell the school. Took out an add in the paper, got one of the professional for sale boards made up and stick it out front of the school…was a very original idea, which did not harm…principle was impressed with their sale speal. ( talk about numerous his and her bathrooms ect)

OP
OP
Zboy

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z33
The search continues.

Y_PLZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Last I heard they were searching right down the road from me at fort desoto.. easy access to a boat. Could be living on one with ease or on the move to Mexico
You should join in on the search. I think the reward is like $30k so far.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Last I heard they were searching right down the road from me at fort desoto.. easy access to a boat. Could be living on one with ease or on the move to Mexico
Damn, you're not far from me. I'm on the other side of the bay in Riverview.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

takemorepills

Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60