What's in the news today...

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Don't you guys have the police check in on you constantly if you are under quarantine?

Aren't y'all not allowed to go anywhere?
No joke, they are trialing an app with Face recognition and Location data to make sure you are at home. Next we will have a social credit system. They trial this stuff here in AUS to see what kind of resistance they will get before they roll it out elsewhere

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
No joke, they are trialing an app with Face recognition and Location data to make sure you are at home. Next we will have a social credit system. They trial this stuff here in AUS to see what kind of resistance they will get before they roll it out elsewhere
Fuck. That.

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Do y'all have the "2nd Amendment" or just the "kitchen knife amendment"?

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
So sad. Think it is up to 2 dead and 12 injured.
The crime rate rose in 2020, according to their news. It's the same thing in Houston and I think it has something to do with the bail out rule that was changed in late 2019 for my County and " homicides did not begin increasing until 2020".

The narrative of rise in homicide crime in 2020 has echoed across the US. I know a bunch of people close to me (and acquaintance) either got furloughed or lost jobs beginning of March 2020. They were in hospitality/restaurant, tradesman, nursing, and engineering (but not construction). I think people do wrong things (i.e. killing) is partly because of hopelessness and probably has something to do with the COVID lock down.

Houston will have their usual National Night Out, but first time to emphasize the importance of policing in the community.... yeah, such a weird time we live in.

Y_PLZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
They still think he's out and about at the Carlton Reserve.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I would not be surprised if he has already left the U.S.
They still think he's out and about at the Carlton Reserve.

it will be hard for him to hide...his pic and story is everywhere.

police apb probably reads...

be on the lookout for a guy that looks like 'a skinny james franco on meth'

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
It's easy
it will be hard for him to hide...his pic and story is everywhere.

police apb probably reads...

be on the lookout for a guy that looks like 'a skinny james franco on meth'
I think it's not as hard post-COVID to hide because of masking. My banks don't even ask me to remove my mask while checking my ID card. So I think he has a really good chance. The parents probably told him to lay low for X-amount of time before resurface to ride out the media and legal hunt.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT; Xterra Off Road; N54 E60 535i
Occupation
Software security
We can see how this affects Z pricing, not looking good. Rough road ahead.

"It's not just the chip shortage. Just about every industry ... is dealing with some kind of supply chain issue," said Cindy Jaudon, regional president for the Americas at IFS, a global enterprise software company. "Our ports are extremely full. Paint manufacturers are struggling with titanium dioxide. They layer on top of each other."
And there is little relief in sight.
"There really are no shock absorbers left in the industry right now when it comes to production or obtaining material," said Dan Hearsch, a managing director at AlixPartners. "Virtually any shortage or production interruption in any part of the world affects companies around the globe, and the impacts are now amplified due to all the other shortages. "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/business/auto-industry-supply-chain-problems/index.html

takemorepills

Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We can see how this affects Z pricing, not looking good. Rough road ahead.

"It's not just the chip shortage. Just about every industry ... is dealing with some kind of supply chain issue," said Cindy Jaudon, regional president for the Americas at IFS, a global enterprise software company. "Our ports are extremely full. Paint manufacturers are struggling with titanium dioxide. They layer on top of each other."
And there is little relief in sight.
"There really are no shock absorbers left in the industry right now when it comes to production or obtaining material," said Dan Hearsch, a managing director at AlixPartners. "Virtually any shortage or production interruption in any part of the world affects companies around the globe, and the impacts are now amplified due to all the other shortages. "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/business/auto-industry-supply-chain-problems/index.html
A large manufacturer I work with was having the exterior of their facility repainted, it turned out to be a weird color because a certain tinting component is currently unavailable.

I have been hearing that tires are the next item to be in short supply