What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Hard not to be pessimistic. My wife teaches 5th grade, and a student punched her last week. The vice-principle lied and said it was the first time, but my wife found out the same kid had earlier punched a different teacher.

And get this, now it turns out this same kid on a school writing assignment, ended it by writing "I'm going to bring my grandpa's rifle to school and shoot my teacher out of existence". This kid has been trouble for years, but like some other school administrations, they push things under the rug and load it all on the teachers.

The 5th grade teachers force a meeting today, to try and get the admin to step up. Probably nothing will happen, and admin will suggest another "plan" for the teachers to deal with this kid.

This is occurring in a middle class school in the suburbs. This stuff is a happening everywhere. The best thing you can do for the teachers, if you are a good parent with decent kids, is keep asking your kids if some other kid in the class is behaving badly, throwing things, hitting people, etc. And then raise holy hell with the admin. And keep raising holy hell, don't let up. Get other parents involved.

That's pretty much the only time admin does anything. Otherwise they just try to appease the troubled kid and that kid's parents (who sadly are often troubled themselves).
And people say guns are the problem...

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Here’s one for the woke crowd.
I thought it was a joke when my husband showed me….it’s not
European championship…after you have watched it, ask me where she/he came 🤭🤣
Surely, they can't be serious...

im-serious-dont-call-me-shirley.gif

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You forgot the best one of all

In Perth Western Australia, we have a burger chain called Hungry Jacks. They are your “Burger king” they have stopped selling to unaccompanied kids because of all the brawls breaking out 😞

As to the Syria earthquake, just devastating ….some days I think the world is telling us, time is up