What was your first car?

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
My 1st car was a two seater 300zx. My uncle had brought it brand new back in 90s. He gave it to me as a high school graduation gift. I drove it for most of my college years. It started having a lot of issues so I sold it. Still wonder whatever happened to that car.

nc_ohc=uImGzw110LgAX8HpVRH&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

m1alV9OUGX58Hhy4y7yI3QNLS8&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My 1st car was a two seater 300zx. My uncle had brought it brand new back in 90s. He gave it to me as a high school graduation gift. I drove it for most of my college years. It started having a lot of issues so I sold it. Still wonder whatever happened to that car.

nc_ohc=uImGzw110LgAX8HpVRH&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

m1alV9OUGX58Hhy4y7yI3QNLS8&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg
Wow, lucky to have such a generous uncle.
My first car was a Holden Gemini …about 10 years old, gold/poo brown colour. My best mate had one that was identical, they were quite the rage in Australia at the time.
However to this day I swear that car was jinxed, broken into twice, and 3 accidents …none of which were my fault and the last one being the straw that broke the camels back it was written off , probably for the best before it took me with it :)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Integra Gsr here.. forest green which I changed to Phoenix yellow.. so I’m a candidate for a yellow Z haha.
Your first car was my second car. Forest green as well, though I had mine repainted in a metallic black.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
Black was a better choice I’m sure.. if I was a betting man, I’d say you had tan interior (I did). Yellow exterior with tan interior is about as bad as it gets haha! The car unfortunately was stolen before the interior changed.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
my whole family bought only domestics. my dad and grandpa were "ford only" guys for many years.

my first car was a 79 monte carlo. it was my uncle's. it was awesome...350 v8 t-tops and was fast...it was more than a teenager should have. and....

i just got my permit and i wrecked the first day i took it out going to my gf's house

i was the first in the family to break tradition...

my first brand new car was 1990 nissan hardbody pickup. I was into the "mini truck" in the 80's and 90's.

OP
OP
240SX

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
1990 240SX SE Hatchback, Ivory White. There are a few cars that I regret selling, but this one hurts the most.
You forgot to include pics :p

Also some stories to go along with everyone's post would be nice :)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black was a better choice I’m sure.. if I was a betting man, I’d say you had tan interior (I did). Yellow exterior with tan interior is about as bad as it gets haha! The car unfortunately was stolen before the interior changed.
I always like PY on the ITR, but originally went with black because of the tan interior. That didn't last long and I swapped out the tan for black, and then wished I painted the car Championship White instead. I sold the car as black on black with 240k+ miles on the clock and picked up a RSX Type-S. Bummer that yours was stolen. Maybe their dream car was yellow and tan.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You forgot to include pics :p

Also some stories to go along with everyone's post would be nice :)
I only have 1 picture, somewhere, that I know of, and it's a hard copy. I sold it in 2003 with 260k+ miles on it for practically nothing. I bought the car for $3k when I was 15 while I still had my learner's permit. I always loved cars as a kid and at that time dreamed of owning a Z32, A80 or FD, but was far from being able to afford any of them, so I picked up the 240.

While not very powerful or fast, I got into all kinds of trouble in that car and was sliding around everywhere before I ever knew drifting was a thing. I owned it for around 5 years and always wanted to put a SR20DET in it, but had little money and needed a more reliable car, so I ended up selling it and picked up an Integra.

The 240SX was really special to me for one because it was my first car, and not only the car I learned to drive on, but how I learned to drive a manual trans. I've owned 7 cars since then and they've all been manual as well, and I'm not sure it would have turned out this way if I hadn't given that S13 a try.