First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
Looking for recommendations on a floor jack and stands. While for the time being I go to the dealership for maintenance, I like doing my own install and will need to get the car up off the floor to get to exhaust and other bits. I know a lot of people talk down about Harbor Freighr, but are they that bad?

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
lol ya! Harbor Freight sells tools cheap! Cheap for a reason! Most of their tools break/don’t last! I got my Jack, and Jack stands from O’Riely’s I’m sure there’s better, but it does the job 😊

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
I use Daytona 3 ton low profile jack and 3 ton jack stands with safety pin from Harborfreight. Been using it for a few yrs now with no issues 🤷🏽‍♂️

OP
OP
DerrellSC

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
I use Daytona 3 ton low profile jack and 3 ton jack stands with safety pin from Harborfreight. Been using it for a few yrs now with no issues 🤷🏽‍♂️
Thanks. I appreciate the info. I have a generic floor jack, but I don't think it will fit under the Z, and definitely not enough to use the jack points to put it on stands.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
I had to use 2x4 to raise the car up a couple inches. The jack wouldnt fit under the car without lifting it with 2x4. Jack points was no probably without raising it.

Sometimes I had to use two 2x4s when i had a slammed car

OP
OP
DerrellSC

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
So, even with it factory height you used a 2x4?

OP
OP
DerrellSC

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
I dont use the jack points with my floor jack. I use the front subframe for jacking up the car

Jack points are for my jack stands
Yes, but I don’t think my floor jack will fit under my car to get to the subframe jack points. Tried to help a neighbor with a flat one time and my generic jack would not fit under the car.