What are you hoping to learn for Z unveiling?

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
Can I just say this about the "300hp" version of the car that some people think is gonna happen.

I don't think it would be anywhere near a good idea to offer and option of less than 335hp just simply because anything less than that is going to be less than the preceding Z.

The new Z at the minimum has to have more than 350hp especially sense we know it's going to gain weight compared to the Z34.

I just wanted to actually say something about this 300hp car because I don't see anyone really reigning in the probability of it.
I agree, and didn't Nissan already say the new Z wouldn't have less than the outgoing model? I think that would still apply even if there's multiple engine options available. I think people are just mirroring the q60 engine options and applying them to the Z, which likely won't be what's actually offered.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i sure hope nissan comes through on all the hype....im rooting for them!
the wait is excruciating...

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
If it will have the normal 370Z suspension, the Nismo 370Z suspension, or a tweaked version of either of those. I think the 370 is a great platform, but it definitely needs a bit of suspension work to have it keep up with newer cars around a track.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
The only thing I honestly care about is price, I can fix/change everything I don't like. But it has the solid things I want that are hard to change, manual and TTV6 the rest is light work to fix.

B324AE0D-E526-4A7B-97E8-8B75C98BF1BC.jpeg

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Hello Z forum, first post here. One of the many (and there are many!) things I like about the new Z, is the 2-tone color scheme, ie black roof with your choice of body color. I am wondering if that will be offered as an option on all the trims, or if we need to go to a higher trim to get it. Honestly, my needs/wants are less than many here. If I can get the 400 hp base trim with the 2-tone paint and an auto trans for under $40k, that is "probably" what I will do. It also depends on what the the base seat material looks like. Perhaps we'll know this, and many more things, on Aug. 17th. Very excited, along with all of you!

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Hello Z forum, first post here. One of the many (and there are many!) things I like about the new Z, is the 2-tone color scheme, ie black roof with your choice of body color. I am wondering if that will be offered as an option on all the trims, or if we need to go to a higher trim to get it. Honestly, my needs/wants are less than many here. If I can get the 400 hp base trim with the 2-tone paint and an auto trans for under $40k, that is "probably" what I will do. It also depends on what the the base seat material looks like. Perhaps we'll know this, and many more things, on Aug. 17th. Very excited, along with all of you!
Hopefully we will be getting all that information very shortly with the unveil fast approaching. I would think you shouldn't have a problem getting the base model for under 40k as long as you don't pay any crazy markups that come with any new highly anticipated car.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Hopefully we will be getting all that information very shortly with the unveil fast approaching. I would think you shouldn't have a problem getting the base model for under 40k as long as you don't pay any crazy markups that come with any new highly anticipated car.
I know, potential markups are the possible rain on the parade. I'd wait till mid '22 or even till '23 if necc. But, that's just me. I can still enjoy reading here about other member's new cars ;-)

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
I think it’s a safe assumption the base model won’t come standard with the black roof. Might be a $2k option or something across the lineup though.
Agree it will not be standard. If it is a "boutique" option available on all trims, it will probably be more like $600 to $1,000. If Nissan wrapped the option up in a higher trim, ie, pay $5k more and get the black roof plus the other stuff...well, then I'll have a tougher decision to make! :D

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Agree it will not be standard. If it is a "boutique" option available on all trims, it will probably be more like $600 to $1,000. If Nissan wrapped the option up in a higher trim, ie, pay $5k more and get the black roof plus the other stuff...well, then I'll have a tougher decision to make! :D
My prediction is that it will be part of the sport and sport touring trims.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Too much effort to do them all, but the three vehicles I just built on Nissan’s configurator all required getting higher priced trims to “unlock” the two tone option. So my guess is it won’t be an option on a base model.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Too much effort to do them all, but the three vehicles I just built on Nissan’s configurator all required getting higher priced trims to “unlock” the two tone option. So my guess is it won’t be an option on a base model.
Considering your finding on the config, I'd have to agree. Ah well, that means another $5k plus the black roof option...my Z is now $41,000+/-
LOL! Those diabolical people at Nissan! They know stuff...Anyway, I guess $41k is still ok, if this car turns out to be The Real Deal. And those leather seats are sooo nice, too :p ...now $46k, not incl destination and tax!