I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not........but i have my own analysis and review.
not going to lie last night was a bit of a roller coaster for me personally. (all personal opinions below dont kill me.)
sitting in my living room for 30 min waiting for the event to start (just in case it began early) felt like an eternity. put together my love for the Z car with the insanely long build up to this moment and there you go.
the moment it began and i saw the new Z instant rush of emotions and all smiles. mainly because holy shit it's a new(ish) Z!
but sadly that didnt last.
first off, Nissan if you are snooping on this site please HIRE ME for your events. that reveal was a travesty. it felt more hastily put together than the new Z proto itself. plus, there were no specs or info given aside from the 2 things we've know for years. a TT V6 and a manual. no shit. the rest of the presentation was them talking about feelings and passion which anyone watching also has. we get it. why else did we all sit through an hour of that snooze-fest.
now the car.
honestly i'm 50/50 and for multiple reasons.
1. change the front end. holy whale shark mouth thats awful. at lease open up those corner creases into actually brake vents and it completely changes the look. maybe round out the corners more. like i get it making it like the 240z but wtf guys?
2. the "katana" chrome strips gotta go. as my dad's bikers friends always say "chrome wont get you home". they just dont go with the car i dont care what your thought process was on them. they serve no function other than being ugly.
3. how lazy are you that the interior aside from the screen is all out of the 370? the only way that is excusable is if the car comes out in the next couple months and at a low price since you reused parts sitting on your shelves. (however i will allow the reused GTR brakes well done!)
4. the rear end. i'm still on the fence. like i get it and i personally love the 300zx rear, but ehhhh maybe too plain? like toss a wing on it or something give it a little bit more aggression. just looks meh.
5. more to come possibly. still going back and forth through images and letting it all gestate and whatnot.
1. side view. possibly because it feels like a 370 is why i dig it so much.
2. wheels. yes please keep those but maybe offer in a black option.
3 GTR brakes. finally you go the message give us 2 piece rotors stock. however, i'm 99% positive only the Nismo may get those brakes if they are on the Z at all.
4. the new screens in the interior. they look solid i dig it and would like to play with them in person see what all it actually has.
5. if the engine is the VR30DETT (which i'm 99% sure it is) i am excited because 400hp stock plus the preexisting parts market makes this an awesome platform out the gates for power mods.
6. almsot forgot that they better keep the carbon front, side, and rear pieces. dont tease us with carbon and GTR brakes they yank them away. we dont need blue balls on good pieces on the car when nissan is going down the drain and gave us a 370.5 lol
i really do reserve the right to change my opinions as we get a final production model, and also seeing it in person. that can tell a completely different story over pics/videos.
Just about every review from auto folks who have seen it in person were very impressed with the design and acknowledged that it looks worse behind the lens and in the yellow show color. I'm taking this as a good sign that many of us will feel the same.