Urajiro

First Name
Moch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not........but i have my own analysis and review.

not going to lie last night was a bit of a roller coaster for me personally. (all personal opinions below dont kill me.)

sitting in my living room for 30 min waiting for the event to start (just in case it began early) felt like an eternity. put together my love for the Z car with the insanely long build up to this moment and there you go.

the moment it began and i saw the new Z instant rush of emotions and all smiles. mainly because holy shit it's a new(ish) Z!

but sadly that didnt last.

first off, Nissan if you are snooping on this site please HIRE ME for your events. that reveal was a travesty. it felt more hastily put together than the new Z proto itself. plus, there were no specs or info given aside from the 2 things we've know for years. a TT V6 and a manual. no shit. the rest of the presentation was them talking about feelings and passion which anyone watching also has. we get it. why else did we all sit through an hour of that snooze-fest.

now the car.

honestly i'm 50/50 and for multiple reasons.

cons:

1. change the front end. holy whale shark mouth thats awful. at lease open up those corner creases into actually brake vents and it completely changes the look. maybe round out the corners more. like i get it making it like the 240z but wtf guys?

Disagree 100%. I grew up with this car. Looks better than have real or fake vents abound or a chrome bumper.

2. the "katana" chrome strips gotta go. as my dad's bikers friends always say "chrome wont get you home". they just dont go with the car i dont care what your thought process was on them. they serve no function other than being ugly.

Disagree. Chrome looks great to me. Breaks up the lines to the roof.

3. how lazy are you that the interior aside from the screen is all out of the 370? the only way that is excusable is if the car comes out in the next couple months and at a low price since you reused parts sitting on your shelves. (however i will allow the reused GTR brakes well done!)

Disagree. Interior looks good.

4. the rear end. i'm still on the fence. like i get it and i personally love the 300zx rear, but ehhhh maybe too plain? like toss a wing on it or something give it a little bit more aggression. just looks meh.

Disagree. I like the rear end but would have liked to see lights more reminiscent of the original 240Z.

5. more to come possibly. still going back and forth through images and letting it all gestate and whatnot.

pros:

1. side view. possibly because it feels like a 370 is why i dig it so much.

meh.

2. wheels. yes please keep those but maybe offer in a black option.

agree.

3 GTR brakes. finally you go the message give us 2 piece rotors stock. however, i'm 99% positive only the Nismo may get those brakes if they are on the Z at all.

agree

4. the new screens in the interior. they look solid i dig it and would like to play with them in person see what all it actually has.

agree

5. if the engine is the VR30DETT (which i'm 99% sure it is) i am excited because 400hp stock plus the preexisting parts market makes this an awesome platform out the gates for power mods.

agree

6. almsot forgot that they better keep the carbon front, side, and rear pieces. dont tease us with carbon and GTR brakes they yank them away. we dont need blue balls on good pieces on the car when nissan is going down the drain and gave us a 370.5 lol

100% agree

i really do reserve the right to change my opinions as we get a final production model, and also seeing it in person. that can tell a completely different story over pics/videos.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
It seems that everyone that has seen this car in person loves it.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Unlike the Supra I think the Z looks great in photo. I can't wait to see one in person.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
DeMuro liked it overall but dissed it for its ugly front grill. Its an easy fix, I hope Nissan rectifies it before release.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
DeMuro liked it overall but dissed it for its ugly front grill. Its an easy fix, I hope Nissan rectifies it before release.
There will always be criticism for newer vehicles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we're all looking at pictures, not the actual car in person. Doubt Nissan will change much of the grill; Look at what BMW did to change the grill on the new M3/M4 since they received so much hatred for it; Nothing, and the cars are still being sold, and people are getting over the huge grill after seeing it in person. The aftermarket companies are already designing options to update the grill for those who want to change it out, which is most likely what'll happen on the Z as well; Unless Nissan decides to update it for cooling/safety. And from the Proto release video, the front grill was designed to mimic the 240z front grill opening with elements from the 300zx, so very doubtful (Plus look at the new pics of the silver Z/blue leather), the grill is still there.
Don't worry though; the aftermarket companies will come through for the Z.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Personally I really hope they add a vent or something to the front fasia maybe through to the brakes/tires. The 2012 GTR added the LED lights before that it was a little basic.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Thanks, I have not seen that one before. Love the yellow matching key....How good are those words to us “the new Z is coming”

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I wonder if they will have matching seat stitching and such that matches the exterior color? I definitely don't want yellow as its my least favorite color. Now a gold or bronze would be another story...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I wonder if they will have matching seat stitching and such that matches the exterior color? I definitely don't want yellow as its my least favorite color. Now a gold or bronze would be another story...
Not likely; Would be cool though. Some people on the 370z forum build threads used fabric marker to "color" in the stitching that was white on the seats. So much to hope for, so many questions..

I don't know if its been mentioned, but I wonder what other graphics/views are available on the Digital Dash. I hope it changes with the Drive mode (if there are any), or atleast there's an option for G Meter or even Nav to be displayed.