MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
thats really a super cool factory they have a huge test track that encircles the whole facility too

this is a vid of my GTR being built back in 2014 there

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Nissan's production problems aside, I love videos like this. How do you take raw materials and turn them into a Z (or any of the other cars featured in the clip)? It reminds me a bit of How it's made.

To be truly accurate, however, it should include aluminum, iron, copper, and lead mining, plastics production, wheel forging, glass fabrication, silicon manufacturing, software development, testing, and so so so much more. Cars are so complex these days, a video like this can barely scratch the surface in the scant time available.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
To be truly accurate, however, it should include aluminum, iron, copper, and lead mining, plastics production, wheel forging, glass fabrication, silicon manufacturing, software development, testing, and so so so much more. Cars are so complex these days, a video like this can barely scratch the surface in the scant time available.
I think some of that falls outside of the Nissan production process, since many specialty parts like wheels, chips, etc are vendor supplied; this really just showing final assembly n the parts Nissan manufacturers themselves.

Woulda been cool to see more of their proprietary CF manufacturering process in action tho

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think some of that falls outside of the Nissan production process, since many specialty parts like wheels, chips, etc are vendor supplied; this really just showing final assembly n the parts Nissan manufacturers themselves.

Woulda been cool to see more of their proprietary CF manufacturering process in action tho

Nissans/NISMO carbon is also outsourced and made by a company called challenge

https://www.challenge.co.jp/en/

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also think this video is wrong because at the 5 min mark it shows the GTR engines being built and they arnt assembled at Tochigi. they are made in Yokohama and then shipped to Tochigi. I think the Z engine is also made off site... Fukushima maybe??

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
This plant now does the Ariya too

toward the end of the video it shows the test track/proving grounds also at the facility

I honestly think Nissan may have bitten off more than they can chew building a production line which makes not only multiple models, but multiple powertrain types (EV and ICE). If they ever get the bugs worked out, I think we'll see a lot more availability of the Z and Ariya.