c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
I got the ambient lighting factory installed as a dealer option. It's a nice little touch. You can choose between 20 different colors. It's not very bright, you'd probably be better off getting something off Amazon.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Looks nice, are you able to adjust the brightness? How is the lighting controlled?
I got the ambient lighting factory installed as a dealer option. It's a nice little touch. You can choose between 20 different colors. It's not very bright, you'd probably be better off getting something off Amazon.

OP
OP
c.jizzle

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks nice, are you able to adjust the brightness? How is the lighting controlled?
Unfortunately no you can't control the brightness. You'd think you could for how much it cost. But what you see is what you get. At least you can choose between 20 colors. And you don't have to manually turn it on and off. They stay on while you're driving and turn off when the car is off.

IMG_20230330_101342736.jpg

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
I’m thinking about getting the exterior ground lighting installed. Price isn’t too high at $395.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I put these in today from a company called opt7
Any chance you could grap a photo of the switch that Nissan installed?
I can't quite make out from the Nissan manual where it actually sits in the car (keeping in mind we probably have a different button config in AU).
Something that has surprised me is the lack of spare button/toggle switches in the car. The are only three in the console and they are for seat heating and trunk...

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
I installed mine myself. I wired it into the fuse box, located by drivers left leg. It turns on/off with all the other aux stuff so no switches. But c.jizzle can probably find the factory button for you.

OP
OP
c.jizzle

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My bad for the late reply. It's under the steering wheel to the left.

Any chance you could grap a photo of the switch that Nissan installed?
I can't quite make out from the Nissan manual where it actually sits in the car (keeping in mind we probably have a different button config in AU).
Something that has surprised me is the lack of spare button/toggle switches in the car. The are only three in the console and they are for seat heating and trunk...
20230418_200848.jpg

20230418_200727.jpg

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer

Have you got a part number for this? And how do you control the colours? Oh... and where are the lights installed. Just the cup holder and over foot rests?

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
What's that big oval on the left?
That’s pretty dope. Do they have a clear led white color available? Not a fan of some of those bright neon colors. A bit tacky looking imo