MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
here is an anecdotal used car value story

So I sold my 2017 Sentra NISMO with 33K miles on it to carmax in July of 2022 for 19,800 as used cars were just all around high. I was just positive I would have my Z in a matter of weeks and who would turn down basically 20K cash when I bought it from that same carmax in 2019 with 8500 miles on it for 18,900. I really only had 5K real money in it as I traded in a Juke NISMO RS for the car and paid them the difference.

on one hand it was a mistake because I had no clue all the Z shenanigans would happen and Ive been driving a family pick up truck since the summer because of it...but here is the upside my Z is finally due before the end of the month so just out of curiosity I checked the old VIN today of that sentra to see what it would be worth if I would have held on until now. same carmax quoted me 16,400 so I was able to bank about 3600 for selling it last summer. thats not big home run numbers or anything but I just thought it was interesting looking back at it now and I think its a solid double lol

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
here is an anecdotal used car value story

So I sold my 2017 Sentra NISMO with 33K miles on it to carmax in July of 2022 for 19,800 as used cars were just all around high. I was just positive I would have my Z in a matter of weeks and who would turn down basically 20K cash when I bought it from that same carmax in 2019 with 8500 miles on it for 18,900. I really only had 5K real money in it as I traded in a Juke NISMO RS for the car and paid them the difference.

on one hand it was a mistake because I had no clue all the Z shenanigans would happen and Ive been driving a family pick up truck since the summer because of it...but here is the upside my Z is finally due before the end of the month so just out of curiosity I checked the old VIN today of that sentra to see what it would be worth if I would have held on until now. same carmax quoted me 16,400 so I was able to bank about 3600 for selling it last summer. thats not big home run numbers or anything but I just thought it was interesting looking back at it now and I think its a solid double lol
Hmmm, I sold my Peugeot RCZ type R in October 2021…like you thinking I was getting a great return and that my Z would only be a matter of a couple of months away.
A year and a half on still no Z and second hand prices in Aus have barely moved.
I may of got 1k less than I did then, but the enjoyment of driving that car instead of my youngests crappy 10 year old Hyundai I20 would far outweigh the loss of that 1k
Each to their own…but I am now thinking I shouldn’t have sold the RCZ at all
Was a beautiful car, only 500 total made in the world with close to only half still in existence. The only reason I sold it was because services were getting pretty hefty and I really liked the look of the Z. Since then some of the details, especially about the model the Aussies are getting have disappointed me. But too late now the car is now being enjoyed by someone else, with not a single type R up for sale in Australia