Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Toyota May Be Working on a Wild New GR86 for 2025, Rumors Say

"The new Toyota GR86 just arrived in America for 2022. But rumors from Japan (spotted by CarBuzz) suggest that Toyota is already working on the GR86's replacement, which will be dramatically different from the current car.

Best Car Web details what they have heard Toyota is working on with a target for 2025. The GR86 would move from a Subaru to a Toyota platform, specifically a shortened version of the Lexus IS platform because the GR86 is too small for TNGA.

The reports say the GR86 will finally receive a turbocharger, because it will pack the 1.6-liter turbo from the GR Yaris and GR Corolla. But that engine will be the basis for a hybrid setup that would use the electric componentry from the Hybrid Max motor in the new Toyota Crown — but only in rear-wheel-drive form. Toyota will allegedly (somehow) still keep the manual transmission an option as well. The total output is expected to be more than 300 horsepower."

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a41789932/toyota-gr86-hybrid-2025/

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Isnt the IS platform even older than the 1st gen 86 platform?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
hmm...kinda going backwards in 'the looks' department for me...
There seems to be a pattern of small squinty LED headlight on EVs. Perhaps that's what they're going for... but the front fascia/bumper needs a major overhaul.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so the new sales lady at my dealership contacted me because she thought i was waiting on the gr86 instead of the gr corolla. anyways i may go check it out and possibility do a test drive when i take my gt86 in for service

image_0(1).jpeg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
an update on the gr86 i posted earlier. sales lady left a message that it was for sale at msrp without any markup incase anyone in the area is interested...